JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   bad mood (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1886508-bad-mood.html)

Kim22 February 24th, 2010 08:35 AM

bad mood

So I've been in a bad mood for a few days....not for any particular reason but I'm sure it has alot to due with the fact that I got another BFN this cycle.

So last night when my husband said "But we still have each other", I pretty much wanted to punch him. I told him to not bother trying to make me feel better cause it just piss's me off more. Does anyone else feel the same way somedays?? I try not to take my frustration out on DH, but I usually end up doing it anyway.

Is there a way to cope with a BFN in a positive way?????

~K

Daisee37 February 24th, 2010 11:10 AM

Re: bad mood

I don't have any advice on how to be more positive, because I'm the same way you are. The first time we went through TTCMA, DH would try to cheer me up with things like "we still have each other" and "it'll work, don't worry" and "well at least now you can have that glass of wine!" and I would get soooo pissed. Now he's figured out just to let me cry and be moody. I guess it's sort of a compromise... he doesn't let me get ****** AT him, and he also gives me my space to be moody without saying something that'll just piss me off more.

ttb1105 February 24th, 2010 11:58 AM

I am so sorry! When we first started ttc 3.5 years ago, I was soooo in your shoes and just wanted to smack DH. He just wanted to "fix" my sadness. And he didn't get that I just needed time to grieve. Of course my crazy hormones didn't help! LOL

Can you wait a few days until things have calmed down and tell him what you need (and don't need!) from him should you encounter this again? This really helped me out.

I wish that I had advice on how to cope with BFN. I can honestly say that I still don't handle BFN very well. BUT, I know that coming to this forum and knowing that others have been through what I've been through and felt like I have helps me tremendously.

Kari_B February 24th, 2010 07:27 PM

I wish I had some more advice for you but I can offer you some HUGS!!!!

:dothug:

Kim22 February 24th, 2010 09:56 PM

Thanks for the support Ladies!

:witch: showed up this morning (so I can blame my bad mood on hormones)!!

I called the Dr & got an appt for in the morning. Going to go in & see what they want to do next. Am actually seeing a different dr. this time, as my previous one has recently moved to another state, but it's within the same practice, so I am very comfortable that they will be very proactive in my quest to become pregnant.

I guess all I can do now is cross my fingers for next cycle!
~K

pianogirl February 24th, 2010 10:08 PM

:rofl: Ok, the only reason I'm laughing is because I think I could've wrote what you did....I remember my DH saying to me one time after many BFN, "Well you just have to have hope." I lost my mind at that time and told him "If hope gave me babies I'd have a million" So I totally get where your coming from.