JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Is it God's time? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1886776-gods-time.html)

Kary♥RN February 24th, 2010 11:11 AM

Is it God's time?

Last week at work... I couldn't help lift a heavy Pt... Everyone knows I have have had three losses.. and that we are TTC.. w/MA (since I go to the Dr for Follie checks at 730am.. so I have to be out on time). The one nurse asked me do you know how far along you are?... I said I know exactly when I concieved since I had an ultrasound to show my follie... and I temp... From behind I hear a comment from another Nurse I work with... (Who is always telling me if God wants you to have another child he will give you one, It is in Gods Hands, It is up to God, GOD, GOD, GOD...) Not that I don't believe.. but me and the big man have had many talks about taking three of my babies...

So I hear her say... That is not Gods Time..... (Meaning that I shouldn't be "keeping track"... I would guess, or I shouldn't be on Meds and monitoring my eggs)... I turned to her and said... I have done nothing different than I what I have been doing... so it is Gods time... He choose this time...

What gives people the right to make such comments.

MommaLee February 24th, 2010 11:47 AM

Re: Is it God's time?

Ignorance....if you read the post that mommaS put up titled "whatever"....I wrote about a rumor that someone spread about me.

MelibearMom February 24th, 2010 12:49 PM

Grrr, that would make me soooo mad! Some people amaze me.

HopeToBeAMom February 24th, 2010 01:56 PM

It makes me so mad. Beleive me, we get loads of comments about the triplets since everyone just assumes IVF when you have triplets. Some say it's playing God to go to an RE, but I believe God put RE's here to help us.

frankie February 24th, 2010 02:24 PM

That is HORRIBLE!! You are a lot nicer then me!!! I give you credit for not telling her off.. People think they are SO much better but in reality there ignorance and arrogance makes them so beneath us!!!

Just smile and know God was waiting to give you the perfect little baby!!!

(i had 3 losses too And I question why all the time!!)

alicenwonderland February 24th, 2010 02:59 PM

Ugh, those people piss me off! I'm sure they wouldn't feel that way if they were in your shoes!

rebeccabaltimore and more February 24th, 2010 06:33 PM

If God has a "time" for you to conceive, then he must have also had a "time" for my son to die, and a "time" for me to lose two of my three triplets. There must also be a "time" for war orphans to get AIDS and then die in Sub-Saharan Africa.

I really don't think God works that way.

And maybe it's the hormones, but I would have slapped your coworker.

momma S February 24th, 2010 06:44 PM

Ignornace is bliss and she must have her head in the clouds! Some people just don't get it!

Kari_B February 24th, 2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopeToBeAMom (Post 19193629)
Some say it's playing God to go to an RE, but I believe God put RE's here to help us.

I couldn't agree more.

JacksonsMommy030409 February 24th, 2010 09:05 PM

I cannot stand comments like that and think it's completely unfair of people to say things like that.
I'm sorry she opened her mouth!

pianogirl February 24th, 2010 09:50 PM

Like the other ladies said it is complete ignorance for someone to say that. I had someone make a similar comment to me and honestly I think that we are all on here for support but people like that need to sign up for a course on learning to be kind and sensitive to others. And if she calls herself a Christian then she's not a very mature one because no one knows what God's plans are except God. I get so annoyed when people say comments like that or say if you can't have kids then it's God's way of saying your not meant to have them and you shouldn't do m/a to have them. Those people are idiots, there would be many miracles of God not walking this earth if we didn't have fertility treatments.

Sorry for my rant....hopefully that will be the last comment you hear from her.

redbirds February 25th, 2010 12:24 PM

What is it with these people? I've been reading about all these stupid people and their comments. So sad. I just take comfort in knowing they are idiots and I am WELL above them :D When I hear comments like this, I just picture their IQ scores lowering and it makes me giggle. They don't get it, you know, because they are stupid, but I do :lol:

LindseyMarie February 25th, 2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopeToBeAMom (Post 19193629)
Some say it's playing God to go to an RE, but I believe God put RE's here to help us.

I totally agree!! I've gone through this a few times in my head and everytime this is always me thought on it!

angel3y35 February 25th, 2010 04:34 PM

People are just stupid. I'm actually reading a book on infertility, the treatments, and God called The Infertility Companion. It's incredible so far. Saying that you shouldn't get treatment for infertility is like saying you shouldn't take medicine when your sick because it's playing God. I'm sure those same people have no qualms about doing that.

KDD February 25th, 2010 05:16 PM

You should have asked her if it was in God's plan to allow drug addicts and child abusers to be parents. Thank goodness we have each other!