JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   The View today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1887973-view-today.html)

momma S February 25th, 2010 08:21 AM

The View today

The View is all about infertility today... interesting.

Shari on the view did IVF to conceive her son, didn't know that!

Jessie0505 February 25th, 2010 08:23 AM

Re: The View today

its about time! My friend called me this morning and said to turn it on! I did not know that about Shari either! :) this should be interesting!

Sota February 25th, 2010 08:25 AM

I wish I wasn't at work so I could watch it!

momma S February 25th, 2010 08:35 AM

Guiliana (sp) from E TV and Bill were just on and they are starting IVF next week. She even mentioned how hollywood doesn't speak about MA and how a 42 yr old woman ends up with twins... so true.

angel3y35 February 25th, 2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momma S (Post 19205084)
Guiliana (sp) from E TV and Bill were just on and they are starting IVF next week. She even mentioned how hollywood doesn't speak about MA and how a 42 yr old woman ends up with twins... so true.

They actually have a show on Style TV. I keep meaning to watch it but always forget.

jamie7 February 25th, 2010 03:54 PM

I was at work but my Dh was flipping through the channels and saw it. He called me and said it was a really good show. I wish I could have seen it!

Daisee37 February 25th, 2010 05:42 PM

I don't watch the View, but I wish I had seen that one! It's so rare to hear anyone in hollywood talk about it. They may say vaguely that they had trouble conceiving, or they may just be 42 with non-identical twins, but you never hear them outright say "we did IVF." Good for them! With something like 12% of couples having fertility problems in America, you'd think you'd hear about it a little more!

Kari_B February 25th, 2010 08:47 PM

I'm so bummed I missed it!!!

KMH February 25th, 2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momma S (Post 19205084)

I'm glad that she is talking about it publicly! I do wonder, though, how it will be portrayed on their reality show (I have only ever watched one episode). I hope they don't minimize the emotional aspects of going through something like IVF, and I hope they represent the process in a respectful manner.

Ima February 26th, 2010 12:15 AM

Its good MA is being talked about cos my little cousin said shes not in a rush to get married cos she can have kids in her 40s........

momma S February 26th, 2010 06:37 AM

I have seen a few of the E show with Julina and Bill on it, her HSG test and when they started follistim for IUI and they didn't know how to use the pen... all very real things, but I haven't seen any emotional breakdowns about it from her (also haven't seen all the shows). She took follistim 150 iu for the first IUI and ended up with EIGHT follicles and they still did IUI. They have been trying one year at this point. I am curious to see how much of the IVF they portray on their show. I am happy to see her be so open with TTC, nice to see someones journey on TV!

MrsB February 26th, 2010 04:01 PM

Here is the full episode to watch online.

ChicaChels February 26th, 2010 04:14 PM

Dh and I are addicted to Juilana and Bill! We love that they are such a real couple and talk openly about everything! Like Bill had to poke her with the follistim and she reacted the same way I did before I had to poke myself with the hcG trigger..she was terrified! I am not afraid of needles, but there's still something about that first MA stick that's scary!

Their show is on sunday nights on style network (its 235 on direct tv)....we LOVEEE it