JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   OMG.... U/S Update (pregnancy) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1892631-omg-u-s-update-pregnancy.html)

Kary♥RN March 1st, 2010 08:10 AM

OMG.... U/S Update (pregnancy)

I am back from my u/s......We have to go back next Thursday... since we didn't see a hb.. I thought I was 6w1d.... but we are a little behind.......

See Below....

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/IMG_0420.jpg

It is twins..... Baby A is measuring 5wk6d.... Baby B is 5wk5d She thinks she see the starting of the flicker.. but wants to make sure.. So next Thursday... we will go back in..... OMG I am in shock.... My DH is Shock..... (Thank God he was sitting.. and I was laying down)

LindseyMarie March 1st, 2010 08:17 AM

Re: OMG.... U/S Update (pregnancy)

Oh my goodness TWINS!!! :) that is so exciting!!! I hope your next ultrasound shows two healthy little heart beats!

HopeToBeAMom March 1st, 2010 08:35 AM

OMG, how exciting! I am so happy for you. Twins is just perfect!!!

ttb1105 March 1st, 2010 08:38 AM

CONGRATULATIONS on the twins!!!!! How very exciting!!!

KMH March 1st, 2010 08:45 AM

:excited: What an amazing picture! I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now...I'm sure it is a little overwhelming at this point. I will keep praying that your beans grow and have nice, strong heartbeats next time! Congrats!!!

Kim22 March 1st, 2010 08:58 AM

Wow!!! I bet you were shocked/thrilled/speechless!!!

So happy for you & I will send many thoughts your way for healthy heartbeats next week!!!

~K

momma S March 1st, 2010 08:59 AM

TWINS :cheer::cheer::cheer: WOW! Double trouble for you ;) How super exciting! Couldn't you be a few days behind because they are twins?

Wait, I am confused, you had one follie show up on your U/S and these are in two sacks so doesn't that mean fraternal twins? So, did you have a little follie hiding somewhere???

adnelg775 March 1st, 2010 09:19 AM

I believe that if there was just one follicle, and just one egg, then they should be identical. (I don't think you can really tell at this stage)

Either way, a H&H 9 months ahead!!! :):) Congratulations Kary!

barbarella March 1st, 2010 09:28 AM

Congratulations. Twins that's really lovely

MrsB March 1st, 2010 09:37 AM

AWESOME!!! Congrats!!!!

LindseyandJoeinAL March 1st, 2010 09:40 AM

TWINS!!! Yay! Congratulations!!!

Celry March 1st, 2010 09:46 AM

Congrats! Feel free to join us on the Multiples board. The women there are great and can offer all sorts of advise.

TTCagain March 1st, 2010 09:52 AM

Oh my goodness! :excited: I bet you were shocked/ecstatic/thrilled/blown away!

I can't imagine! How cool, though! I'm kinda jealous! :D I think twins would be fantastic!

I'm also curious about the frat vs identical question? Is it possible there was a hidden follie at your u/s? Or do you think these beans are identical?

Congrats and I will be praying for two strong heartbeats at your next appt! :wub:

Kary♥RN March 1st, 2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momma S (Post 19263530)
TWINS :cheer::cheer::cheer: WOW! Double trouble for you ;) How super exciting! Couldn't you be a few days behind because they are twins?

Wait, I am confused, you had one follie show up on your U/S and these are in two sacks so doesn't that mean fraternal twins? So, did you have a little follie hiding somewhere???

YEA tell me about it!!!! When I went in I only had one follie.... and that was on the left.. I had a smaller one on the right.. But was no were near mature (Or so it looked) She only talked about the follie on the left.. could one been behind the other??? ... I was talking to my friend and pretty much said the same thing... If I only had one follie... and it looks like two sacs how did/could that happen??.... so they would be fraternal correct??

And the 6wks1day was the day FF gave me cross hairs... it was also the same day as my + opk... so I might only be a day behind on baby A.. and two on Baby B...

22fbf4 Ovulation Charts

momma S March 1st, 2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kary♥RN (Post 19264482)
YEA tell me about it!!!! When I went in I only had one follie.... and that was on the left.. I had a smaller one on the right.. But was no were near mature (Or so it looked) She only talked about the follie on the left.. could one been behind the other??? ... I was talking to my friend and pretty much said the same thing... If I only had one follie... and it looks like two sacs how did/could that happen??.... so they would be fraternal correct??

22fbf4 Ovulation Charts

Okay, glad to hear I wasn't the only one thinking that! Maybe that follie that was lagging had super powers and grew fast? Your U/S tech could have missed a follie. I know that my right ovary is to the side more and sometimes hard to see everything. I have no idea, but twins are cool however they got there! I would post that question and your U/S photo on the multiples board and see what they say! I am very interested to know now!

Sota March 1st, 2010 10:17 AM

How exciting :D Congratulations!

I have a friend who had a very similar situation. They only saw one follie during her scan, but they ended up with fraternal boy/girl twins.

~*Jackie*~ March 1st, 2010 10:23 AM

Congratulations!! What wonderful news!!

christylovesherbaby March 1st, 2010 10:40 AM

Holy Cannoli!!! How wonderful! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamie7 March 1st, 2010 10:43 AM

AHHHH! How exciting!!!! Congrats!!!

AmyNico March 1st, 2010 11:53 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!

BTW, twins can still be identical if they are in seperate sacs. What they need to be identical is to be sharing a placenta.