JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   what's next? Clomid ---> ??? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1901962-whats-next-clomid.html)

LBinDesMoines March 8th, 2010 06:53 PM

what's next? Clomid ---> ???

I haven't even had IUI this cycle but I am already started planing next month.... that is kind of depressing right?

I've taken clomid for 5 cycles with a break in Dec. I will be getting my progesterone tested this month. I haven't been but was on clomid a year ago and it worked.

I am ready for the next step. What other fert meds did you transition to after clomid?

I am going to start looking into it so I can be prepared just was hoping for all your expert thoughts and opinions!

pianogirl March 8th, 2010 07:16 PM

Re: what's next? Clomid ---> ???

Hi there. After clomid I did purgeon injections and a ovidrel trigger shot to release the follicles and IUI which is how I got pregnant with my ds. We are ttc#2 and we did try purgeon and IUI again but unfortunately it has not worked so we are now onto IVF, which is a lot more drugs.

Good luck and hopefully you will get a bfp and not have to move to the next step of drugs.

Kari_B March 8th, 2010 07:22 PM

I hope that you won't need to worry about moving on because THIS time will work!!!

BUT, you can pair clomid with an inject, you could try Femara or you could try injects on their own.

jenisuzy March 9th, 2010 05:04 AM

I'm going to be taking my 5th round of Clomid this cycle (I've had a 2 cycle break due to surgery). If the 5th/6th round doesnt work then I'm going to try another pill, Femara. I'm having second thoughts about moving onto IUI/IVF at the moment......

AllisonC March 9th, 2010 06:26 AM

I did 3 cycles with Clomid with NO IUI. And then, 3 cycles of Clomid with IUI. After all those cycles, I then had a lap, where it was discovered I have endo. After the surgery, we tried 5 cycles naturally with no meds. When that didn't work, we did Femara with IUI for one cycle. Now, we're moving onto IVF.

LBinDesMoines March 9th, 2010 03:00 PM

OK so here is what we are moving on to.... Last month DH sperm count was terrible. Today I went in for IUI and it was worse....

DH is going in for bloodwork to make sure it is nothing hormonal. If it is not hormonal we are moving to IVF....

I never considered IVF due to the cost. I am still kind of stunned because my mom is going to pay for it! My dad died when I was 11 and my mom invested all of his life insurance money and is going to use some of it for our IVF. I am just speechless.

Kari_B March 9th, 2010 06:34 PM

WOW! That is an amazing gift! If it's a problem with DH's counts, I'd go with the IVF route myself. What a wonderful mom you have :wub:

*Lindsay* March 10th, 2010 01:28 AM

I am sorry you have to go through all of this. It truly wears you out. What an awesome gift your mom is giving you. That IS a true blessing!