JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   HSG??? Experiences? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2071193-hsg-experiences.html)

MoreThanEnough August 12th, 2010 01:57 PM

HSG??? Experiences?

I'm going for one tomorrow and I'm nervous!! Any good stories, or at least, I made it through and lived to tell about it stories??

Jessie0505 August 12th, 2010 02:17 PM

Re: HSG??? Experiences?

i have had several hsgs..not good experiences thought..but that was b/c i had issues! So i wont go there so i dont scare you!! Just take the meds as prescribed and it will be alright..im sure!! I have heard of it clearing your tubes enough to give you a good chance of being preggo!! Good luck! Also if you post in the main board you might have better luck with responses!! :)

Susie2 August 15th, 2010 05:14 PM

I wish I saw your post earlier. I just had one last month and survived. I hope your experience wasn't that bad. I have to admit it was a bit painful but only for a minute the rest was just uncomfortable. The good news is it is supposed to clear our any debris and make you more fertile next cycle. I will let you know if that was true for me this month. Whatever news you got it is good to know. You were either clear-yay or blocked-but at least you know your next step and don't hav eto waste time with what won't work. Best of luck to you!

tamtamtamara March 19th, 2011 07:42 PM

I'm going in for my 1st HSG on Monday morning and I am definitely a bit nervous!

Lisap2008 April 22nd, 2011 02:25 PM

I had one done last year. while they were inserting it I had cramps that feel like AF is coming thats all the discomfort I had and I was a bit sore afterwards, both my tubes are open though so if there is a problem it may hurt worse.
its such a peace of mind knowing afterwards that I recommend it to anyone TTC.

MrsChewy_07 April 26th, 2011 02:58 PM

Definitely take Motrin about an hour before the procedure. I experienced pretty severe cramping with mine. I know some women have more and less cramping, but be prepared for some no matter what. Good luck!

mrs.lolo May 28th, 2012 06:44 PM

I had my first HSG done last week and it was not as bad as I expected. In case you don't know what exactly happens, you go to radiology and put on a gown and lay under a gaint xray machine. A doctor will insert a catheder and blow up a balloon that will dialate your cervix. Then they will insert the dye and you watch it flow through the uterus and tubes on a screen while they take xrays. I had no pain at all but I have heard of other women having some bad cramps when they dialate you. I have been pregnant before though, so he said my uterus has already been expanded and that's why it didn't hurt. Best of luck to you!

Nhiggy March 4th, 2013 07:13 PM

I had an HSG done and was SOO nervous. I think once i got over the nerves it wasn't that bad. The only thing that was a bit painful but more uncomfortable was the speculum. The actual catheter insert/dye part didn't hurt at all. Really no cramping or anything. I did spot/bleed for about 4 days after.

zonee@gmail.com March 11th, 2013 02:31 PM

How did it go?