JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Im obsessive *update* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2123043-im-obsessive-update.html)

demumbran0516 October 4th, 2010 10:55 PM

Im obsessive *update*

So yeah these ovulation test are making me obsessive. Does anyone know if they start darkening up the closer you get to O'ing or is it just my hopefully mood. You tell me what you think.

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/a.../otest1003.jpg

I have never tracked when I O'ed. So I am shooting in the dark. I really dont want to go and get a blood test done the 11th knowing I haven't O'ed yet. Any advice?

LeahBonilla October 5th, 2010 05:42 AM

Re: Im obsessive

For the most part OPK's will get darker the closer you get to O. BUT... they can also get lighter again before getting darker before you O. Sometimes there isn't always a good progression. What CD are you on? How long are your cycles typically? I would keep doing your OPK's and hopefully they get darker and you see a nice + soon! GL!

Kari_B October 5th, 2010 05:46 AM

:ditto: Also, you should make sure to test at the same time each day and as you get closer to when you THINK you might be Oing, you'll want to test a couple times a day to catch the surge. I totally agree that there is no point going in for b/w unless you know you are around 7dpo. It won't tell you anything but misleading information.

Keep testing and good luck!

demumbran0516 October 5th, 2010 08:23 AM

I admit I haven't been testing at the same time everyday....ill start today.... I am on CD 14. My cycles can go anywhere for 10 days to 62 days. Those were the ones in the last 6 months.

tyggrlili25 October 5th, 2010 09:08 AM

Good luck! I hope you O soon. Ive heard a lot of women get a fade in pattern but a lot dont as well. Last month I did..this month I didnt. It also depends on what time you take them, how long you have held your pee and how diluted it is I find.

MommytoaMiracle October 5th, 2010 03:05 PM

Good luck!!! :)

demumbran0516 October 5th, 2010 04:27 PM

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/a.../otest2005.jpg

Now the line is going away. I took it the same time today that I did yesterday....hopefully my body is just getting warmed up....if not looks like Ill be O'ing 24-48 hours from yesterday.....

I do know my sister when TTC could never get 2 dark lines like you are suppose too.....this gives me hope.

Angel_Maker October 5th, 2010 04:28 PM

Re: Im obsessive *update*

I noticed you're testing with Answer OPKs.....I have HORRIBLE luck with those, they are either never + or always "almost" +

Kari_B October 5th, 2010 04:45 PM

You also might not get a good positive because your body is gearing up to O but not actually getting a high enough surge to actually O. It sounds like from your wacky cycles that you might have an ovulation problem. Have you talked with your OB about getting some testing, b/w and u/s done to rule out PCOS?

demumbran0516 October 5th, 2010 04:58 PM

Kari-I have PCOS. Already been diagnosed with it. Thats why he put me on Femara. On a side note, my sister and I have it....but my mother, aunt, nor grandmother have it.....they say its genetic....so excuse my language but....where the hell did it come from?

Angel- Thank god you say that.....LOL you give me hope....I really think I am about to O 23-48 hours from yesterday....which means TMI hubby better be up and ready for it tonight.....Dr even said he thought it would be yesterday or today that I would O. Maybe he really is that good.

Thank you ladies for caring. It brings tears to my eyes to know that strangers who have never met me really care and what to help. No one even knows that we are doing this....we didn't want a huge deal made out of it or questions asked each month...this is really hard to not be able to talk about because I feel it consumes my everyday life....Did I O yet, am I even going too? I always knew I would have problems but I didn't think it would this hard.

Kari_B October 5th, 2010 05:03 PM

PCOS can be genetic but not always. Nobody in my family has it but I do. It's usually just due to hormonal stuff.

So if you are on femara are you being monitored this cycle? Sorry I keep asking so many questions, just trying to get all caught up. If they are monitoring you, you should be able to tell from u/s if you are getting close to Oing.

demumbran0516 October 5th, 2010 05:22 PM

Not monitoring me at all. They wanted to do a internal at CD 13, but it was the weekend and they weren't open....never said anything about u/s. When I called to tell them I have started first pill of Femara, they said okay CD 13 internal and have sex night before appointment, then nurse figured out they were closed, and said okay come in for levels Oct. 11th.

At my appointment when I got on MA..Dr just told me how to take it...I was placed on Provera and once AF started take Femara CD 3-7. Get OPKs and monitor but that he was sure I would O CD 13/14. If I had any problems call.

I am now on CD 15. Any advice you can give me helps....I am so new to this..ask all the questions you want...I want to be informed as much as possible.

Kari_B October 5th, 2010 05:36 PM

Grrrr.... I hate when docs hand out meds and say... "Well this should work... good luck".

I for one didn't respond at all to femara. I don't ovulate unless I use a trigger to force ovulation. My body does everything it's suppose to, gears up to O but then never actually releases an egg.

My suggestion is to get some different OPK's and see what they show you, start test morning and night if you can, and if you don't see a positive within the next 5 days I would call your DR office to be checked. Ask for a trans-vaginal u/s to see if you have any follies in there, and what size they are if you have them. If you are respond well but just not able to ovulate, ask for a trigger to force those follies to release eggs.

And just to be sure, I'd be sure to BD at least every other day to cover your bases.

All this MA stuff can get a bit overwhelming, but it's really important (at least in my opinion) to have good monitoring while taking these kinds of meds. Once you know how your body is reacting to everything, it's one thing. But I hate when meds are given when they have NO CLUE how your body is going to respond to them.

And take notes when you are there for appointments. I try to write it all down, because when you leave sometimes it's all jumbled up and you can't remember what they all said. That way you can use Dr. Google and of course your JM family to bounce things off of.

Hang in there, it's all a lot to deal with but totally worth it in the end!

demumbran0516 October 5th, 2010 05:53 PM

Thanks....You advice is great! I'm a little scared that I will need a trigger. I never get the Mittelschmerz pain and truth be told checking for CM freaks me out, and I work a weird shift so I never know when I will sleep or not so temping is really hard for me...But I will write everything down and start requesting vag. u/s if my levels aren't up.