JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   OT Advice (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2197795-ot-advice.html)

esparando para bebé December 23rd, 2010 05:22 PM

OT Advice

Alright ladies, DH and I have a date night coming up a week from today. He has suggested that each just relax and have a drink or two since we'll be in DC. (Don't worry he won't have anything past 9/9:30 and it won't be much...It'll be at least 10:30/11 by the time we get back to the car.)

Anyway, here's my dilemma, I almost never drink. I might have maybe one shot a year. I'd rather do something I can sip over shots...I'm not a fan of rum, I know that much. My favorite shot is a buttery nipple. I kinda-like the shot electric blue lighting too. (At least that's what the local bar here calls it, I have no clue what's in it. lol) I need suggestions. I'm thinking maybe a daiquiri. But I want some choices. :lol: Help?

missy123 December 23rd, 2010 08:50 PM

Re: OT Advice

Do a frozen drink then... they are usually pre made and have less alcohol in them. If he is driving then I say go for it and have a few! :)

eccomi December 23rd, 2010 11:28 PM

i agree with the frozen drink suggestion... it will last you longer and if you hardly every drink then you'll probably get a buzz anyway. ;) i absolutely GAG if i have to take a shot. i had to take one with my cousins a few months back and it was HORRIBLE. once upon a time i could take a shot, but no longer.

i hardly ever drink but when i do it's usualy a glass of wine (the most common thing to drink in italy ;) ) but when it's a special night and we go out for a drink i'll usually order a pina colada (LOVE those if they're made well) and i would die for a good frozen margarita... mmmmmmm. i have to be in the US (or mexico ;) ) for those.

have fun!

missy123 December 24th, 2010 07:02 AM

They don't make margaritas in Italy? Oh I am so sorry.

esparando para bebé December 24th, 2010 07:06 AM

:) Thanks ladies. I looked at the bars website and it had a list of food (no prices) and no drinks listed. :lol: I'm thinking I'll probably go frozen.

eccomi December 24th, 2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missy123 (Post 22524722)
They don't make margaritas in Italy? Oh I am so sorry.

well, they do have them but they are most definitely NOT what we think of as a margarita. a few years back DH and i went out for a drink and i got SO excited :excited: because they had margarita listed on the drinks list. so i ordered it and about gagged! first off, they only offered it on the rocks (i prefer blended with lots of salt :thumbsup:) and most importantly... it tasted NOTHING like a margarita! it was THE strongest drink i think i've ever ordered. the only resemblance was that it was light green and i *think* i tasted a hint of tequila. who knows what else they put in there :rollseyes:... i couldn't even drink it and passed it off to DH. :D so now i get my margarita fix when i'm in the states where they are YUMMMMY! :thumbsup:

missy123 December 24th, 2010 07:51 AM

Oh you poor thing. I love Margaritas and have a machine here at the house as well :) I usually don't put a lot of alcohol in them as I am a lightweight, lol.

Angel_Maker December 24th, 2010 12:24 PM

You girls are making me feel "not" so classy :blush:

I absolutely LOVE taking shots with the guys :lol:

I only like one kind of wine, and other than that I just drink hard liquor :rofl:

Guess I wouldn't be much help Augie! Sorry! Hope you have a good time!