JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Can I join? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2199742-can-i-join.html)

LilSunshine December 27th, 2010 02:36 PM

Can I join?

Hi Ladies! :waves: I'm hoping I can hang out here with you ladies. I've been lurking for a bit and thought I should come out of hiding. ;) I'm Lisa (28) and my DH and I have been ttc # 2 for 20 cycles. We have a DS, Jeremy, who will be 3 in February.

A little background... :) I began charting a month after we started ttc # 2. We got pregnant pretty quickly, but had a m/c last September. After we had been trying for quite awhile, we talked with my OB to see if she could help us out. She recommended that DH have a SA (which he did last April) and the results weren't all that great. His numbers were OK, but with shape/size/etc of the sperm weren't very good. As far as we can tell, things are okay on my end. My OB tried "helping" by prescribing clomid and I was on it for 4 cycles with no luck. She didn't really monitor me at all and wasn't being overly helpful, so we decided to go talk with an OB and urologist at a fertility clinic. Long story short, they recommended trying IUI. So this month I started on Femara and I'll be going in for my CD 12 ultrasound tomorrow to see how things are progressing.

I'd love to hear anyone else's experiences on Femara or with IUI. :)

Jennifer333 December 27th, 2010 03:21 PM

Re: Can I join?

Hi!! I mostly lurk on here but wanted to welcome you... I dont have any experience with femara but good luck!!

ohnicole December 27th, 2010 03:29 PM

We have a lot in common- I have also been TTC for 20 cycles, with a m/c last September and no BFP since then. I did 3 cycles of Clomid with no luck and am on CD12 of my first Femara cycle. I go in on Wednesday for my u/s. We can be cycle buddies! :gl:

esparando para bebé December 28th, 2010 07:39 AM

Of course you can join Lisa! I've never done Femara, but have done 5 cycles on Clomid to date. Chris and I did an IUI last month that was unsuccessful.

jenisuzy December 28th, 2010 01:16 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH :excited: SUPER EXCITED you are over here !!!
I'm doing my 1st IUI here soon. Just waiting for AF to show up in the next day or two and then its IUI cycle time !!! Besides the Femara are you using a trigger or anything else for meds? What days did you have to go in for u/s ?? I'm getting anxious for mine, meeting the RE this Thurs. to officially make the plan! Good to see you here, I love it over here!

~*Jackie*~ December 28th, 2010 01:49 PM

Welcome- I hope you have quick success with this IUI!!! :dust:

txjovigal December 28th, 2010 01:54 PM

Welcome to the group! These are a great bunch of ladies. Very helpful and thoughtful!

I did several cycles with Femara and always had GREAT size eggies, most of the time mutliple eggs. My hubby and I suffer from MFI.

GOOD LUCK!

LilSunshine December 29th, 2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohnicole (Post 22540056)
We have a lot in common- I have also been TTC for 20 cycles, with a m/c last September and no BFP since then. I did 3 cycles of Clomid with no luck and am on CD12 of my first Femara cycle. I go in on Wednesday for my u/s. We can be cycle buddies! :gl:

WOW...we've got a lot in common! That's really crazy! And yes...I'd love to be cycle buddies! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenisuzy (Post 22547772)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH :excited: SUPER EXCITED you are over here !!!
I'm doing my 1st IUI here soon. Just waiting for AF to show up in the next day or two and then its IUI cycle time !!! Besides the Femara are you using a trigger or anything else for meds? What days did you have to go in for u/s ?? I'm getting anxious for mine, meeting the RE this Thurs. to officially make the plan! Good to see you here, I love it over here!

Hey!! :waves: My u/s was yesterday! I'm doing an ovidrel shot tomorrow afternoon and the IUI is on Friday morning. :) Good luck at your appointment!!