JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   My RE MOVED! - update in 1st post (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2202877-my-re-moved-update-1st-post.html)

KMH December 30th, 2010 10:03 PM

My RE MOVED! - update in 1st post

I opened a letter from my RE today...he has MOVED!! Luckily he is in the same city, but is now in a different office and is affiliated with a different hospital. The letter gives his new address and phone numbers, but no other info. I'm FREAKING OUT! I love my RE, love his staff, and I was very comfortable there.

Did his embryologist go with him? Can I transfer my embies to his new office without paying thousands of dollars? Will his fees go up? Why did he leave the old place (he had been there for 20+ years)? Will my insurance be good at the new place (they only paid for a few minor things, so that's not really a big deal). So many questions, and all these places are closed until Monday for the holiday weekend. Ack!

Sorry, don't mean to vent or be negative, but we would like to do an FET this summer, and I didn't see this coming at ALL. Now I'm stressed out about how this will all work out!

UPDATE: I finally got a hold of my RE...and I was worried for nothing. He is still using the same lab and same embryologist for IVF, so we won't have to move our embryos or anything. His new office accepts our insurance (not that they'll cover more than an u/s or two), and some of his nursing staff went with him to the new place. I'm SOOOO relieved...it is nice to know that everything is ready for us when we are ready to try again.

Kobain's Mommy December 30th, 2010 10:05 PM

Re: My RE MOVED!

You're on Tri-Care right? Call them to see if they are affiliated with the new hospital.

*Melissa* January 1st, 2011 01:50 AM

oh, I am so sorry!! I really hope you find some answers soon and it all works out! Keep us posted on Monday!!!

adnelg775 January 1st, 2011 05:18 AM

:hug:I hope everything turns out fine.

KMH January 4th, 2011 11:47 AM

Re: My RE MOVED! - update in 1st post

update in OP

ttb1105 January 4th, 2011 01:30 PM

That is great news!!! I am surprised he didn't mention that in his letter. So, when are ya thinking about making Claire a sister? :D

KMH January 4th, 2011 02:37 PM

Tracey, I LOVE seeing a pregnancy ticker in your siggy :wub:

We hope to try an FET in July or August of this year...Claire has to be weaned first, so we'll see how thing are going by then.