JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Arrrgh...What to do!? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2207798-arrrgh-what-to-do.html)

wishfulgal January 5th, 2011 05:49 AM

Arrrgh...What to do!?

So the plan is to do IUI next cycle. My DH had varicocele repair and his count is finally in the range where we are good candidates for IUI. Looking ahead on the calender, if I ovulate when I *usually* do, it will be on either a Saturday or Sunday, the last weekend in January. Which sounded just fine, b/c my clinic is open on weekends, and that way DH won't have to take off work to give his sample.

Well, now I just found out my cousin and her hubby, are planning to come for a visit that weekend :brickwall: Now, I love my cousin dearly and would be thrilled for her to come any other weekend, but this is just not going to work. She knows we are struggling with infertility, but I wasn't going to tell her we are doing IUI. And I really don't want to postpone doing an IUI again, b/c I feel like we are just wasting our time trying to make a "bed baby". I already have high FSH at the ripe old age of 26 and we have been TTC for 14 months. What should I do? Should I just come right out and tell her we may be doing an IUI that weekend (and we have to drive over an hour to the clinic) so it's just not the best time for her to come?! Or is there some other subtle way to work this out? Sometimes I seriously wonder if everything is just stacked against us in this TTC thing :( Every time things seem to be falling into place, something else comes up.

jenisuzy January 5th, 2011 05:51 AM

Re: Arrrgh...What to do!?

Your story almost sounds similar to my situation right now .... Im on meds now for our 1st IUI & I'm freaking out that my brother & his fiancee are planning to fly in next weekend !!! I will be CD 16 so I am PRAYING that I at least will be in the 2 ww. I dont know how it would even work to go have DH do his thing in another room while we are just hanging out & then me taking off with the cup. I am trying to think positive that it'll all time out ok ........ After almost 3yrs I decided I am not putting this off anymore! Good Luck to you !!!

JulieC January 5th, 2011 07:09 AM

Can you still have her come and explain to her that you and DH have an appointment to go to and can't rescedule it. I'm sure she woulld understand and you would probably only be gone for a few hours. Good luck hun!

Toots216 January 5th, 2011 09:18 AM

Can you just be vague and tell her that you double-checked your calendar and that weekend may not work for you? Or that something popped up (make something up) and you'll have to reschedule? That way you won't have to get into the details about it.

ShesaDreamer January 5th, 2011 10:56 AM

I would just tell her that you have an appointment that you can't reschedual and that she can either come another weekend or maybe go shopping for a few hours while you are at your appointment. Good luck and KUP!

Crunchymama08 January 5th, 2011 12:26 PM

I agree with PP, just let her know that that weekend isn't the best for you and ask if you can look into another weekend (preferably the one after that - something to take your mind off the 2WW!). Good luck and I hope you're able to work it out!