JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Had my HSG (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2454827-had-my-hsg.html)

kayakr November 28th, 2011 11:24 AM

Had my HSG

Hi Ladies,
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I had my HSG test done on Friday. I have to say I was scared to death. My RE Rx'd me a 5mg Volumn to take one hour prior to the proceedure so that I would actually show up and not chicken out.

Well let me tell you. It only took about 15 seconds. It was a slight pinch, two mild feeling period cramps and then it was done. I couldn't beleive that's all it was. I could see everything on the screen too. Afterwards I got dressed and meant the RE in his office for the results.

Results: Left side open and looks good. Right side open, but a a little inflammed and maybe twisted or clumped together. Said it's probably nothing but he couldn't tell unless he did the lapo. He said it isn't something he is to concerned about though since the tube was open. I couldn't see my ovaries at all. He said this test you can't see them.

He also said all my numbers, blood work and everything looked great. That I look great on paper as far as all my test. So next step - I go wed to check my ovaries and more blood work. Then when my follies are ready we are going to do IUI twice. I hope it works and I dont' have to go to a medicated IUI round next cycle.

KMH November 28th, 2011 11:30 AM

Re: Had my HSG

Hooray! I am glad that it was almost painless and that the results looked good...what a relief!

I'm sure you know that the HSG tends to clean things out and make you extra fertile...here's hoping that you will be celebrating Christmas with a little nausea ;)

*JenJen* November 28th, 2011 11:36 AM

glad it all sounds good.

kayakr November 28th, 2011 02:29 PM

Yes - he told us I would be extra fertile and we really needed to be active the next couple months trying. That is how RE talked DH into IUI this month. Woo hoo!

I can't imagine us getting lucky enough with first non-medicated IUI but here's to trying hard! CHEERS!

If it doesn't work for us in the next couple of months I'll probably get the Lapo to see why my right tube looked a little swollen and balled up. Might even be a little edno I suppose. Bad thing is I should be ovulating from my right side this month so I am not sure how well the IUI will even work.

ccartanddesign November 28th, 2011 03:01 PM

Hi,
I'm glad it went so well for you and that its OVER!

jmichelle77 November 28th, 2011 03:18 PM

So glad it went well! I hope this is your cycle! C'mon Christmas BFP!!! :D

kayakr November 29th, 2011 06:34 AM

Thank you guys. You are all so sweet and supportive. I hope we all get our BFP for Christmas!

swtneka November 30th, 2011 08:35 PM

Glad it wasn't as painful as u thought n hope it leads to a xmas bfp.