JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Two for Tuesday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2461784-two-for-tuesday.html)

KMH December 13th, 2011 07:36 AM

Two for Tuesday

1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one?

2. What do you like most about your current doctor? Least?

jmichelle77 December 13th, 2011 11:02 AM

Re: Two for Tuesday

1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one? Yes!!! YES YES YES!!!! That is the best idea EVER!

2. What do you like most about your current doctor? Least? Most = how aggressive she is and how willing she is to try whatever I want to. Least = how difficult it is to talk directly to her....I hate constantly having to go thru her nurse..... especially since she's not the nicest nurse.

Erin84 December 13th, 2011 11:53 AM

1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one?

Um, HECK YES!!! I'd be checking my levels like a crazy lady until it got to the point where numbers were no longer reliable.

He's very aggressive and does all the RXing, monitoring, etc., that I would have wanted, and I didn't even have to ask! He's trying aggressively to help get me my rainbow baby :) Least is that he doesn't always explain his thought processes as to why he's doing what he's doing, but since his thoughts match mine, I don't see it as a big deal. He always answers anytime I ask.

KMH December 13th, 2011 12:00 PM

1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one? I guess this isn't surprising since I wrote the question, but I would probably have one at home, one in my purse, one in my car, etc. :giggle:

Most - Well, besides the fact that he got me pregnant :) I like the fact that he really, truly cares. When I went to the ER at 8.5 weeks pregnant on a Friday night for cramping and heavy bleeding, he returned my frantic page right away. Then he called twice over the weekend to make sure I was okay...to me that is above and beyond what he had to do.

What I like least about my RE is that he is sometimes very abrupt. Now that I know him better I know that he is very busy and takes things very seriously...he is direct and wants to get the job done right the first time. At first it was very off-putting, though, and I know other patients that left him because of it.

♥Ashley♥ December 13th, 2011 12:26 PM

1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one? Absolutely 100% without a doubt! :lol:

2. What do you like most about your current doctor? Least? Most- I have dealt with 3 RE's, two of which treated me like walking dollar signs and made me feel so bad about myself, and my care was absolutely terrible, so I absolutely love the fact that he truly cares about his patients and wants the best for each and every one. Least- He has some kind of weird nervous twitch where he is always scrunching up his nose, it can get quite annoying during a long conversation. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmichelle77 (Post 25327007)

2. What do you like most about your current doctor? Least? Most = how aggressive she is and how willing she is to try whatever I want to. Least = how difficult it is to talk directly to her....I hate constantly having to go thru her nurse..... especially since she's not the nicest nurse.

I read this and thought of how much that sounds like my last RE, then I saw you are in Missouri, now I am wondering!

jmichelle77 December 13th, 2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ♥Ashley♥ (Post 25327523)
I read this and thought of how much that sounds like my last RE, then I saw you are in Missouri, now I am wondering!

LOL! My doc is an OB/GYN. We don't have RE's around here. I would have to drive to St. Louis or K.C. I am about an hour south of Springfield. :) My hubby is from St. Louis tho.....and I am from K.C.

*JenJen* December 13th, 2011 02:52 PM

1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one? Sign me up!

2. What do you like most about your current doctor? Least? Like most: He's willing to try anything, listens to me, treats me as someone who has done the research and knows what I am asking for, etc.
Dislike: his partner :/ I HATE the other RE in the office. HATE. I've blogged about my hatred.

mistletoe December 14th, 2011 04:25 AM

1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one? Probably not. I'm thinking that I don't have the personal strength for all of this testing.

2. What do you like most about your current doctor? Least? Most: That he won't be my doctor by the end of this week. Least? Um, where do I begin? He is abrupt. He lectured me about the lifecyle of a woman's egss -- as if I was a moron. He didn't do what pretty much everyone would consider basic testing and instead rushed us into IUI. He never even completed a physical exam -- a nurse did it instead. And when I asked about testing he discarded my question like I was some sort of neurotic hypochondriac with a testing addiction. Plus -- perhaps TMI -- when he was called in by the nurse to help with the IUI because she couldn't get the cath in, well, I have never had a doctor who was that aggressive, forceful and abrupt work down there. I mean, we weren't re-setting a shoulder, we were just trying to figure out if my uterus was straight. And I get the feeling that he never actually even looked at those 5 pages of questions we answered nor really analyzed our test results beyond a 30 second summary.

Ok, sorry about that. Little rant. Please excuse the ranting lady on the verge of AF. :mad: