JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   4 Follies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2467161-4-follies.html)

kayakr December 27th, 2011 07:33 AM

4 Follies

Okay - Just when I was getting really sick of needles and wanting to throw in the towel I was told I had 4 follies 2 on each side and we triggered today! Woo hoo I outta be good and weepy today by lunch time! I swear the people at work must think I am a freak of emotions all the time. Well I am so I guess they would be correct. lol

10 days of shots in the belly, 4 blood tests, 4 ultra sounds and a trigger shot in the arm today later - I have 4 awesome follies with my baby in one of them.

We are doing iui tomorrow and thursday! I am so happy I don't have to see another needle for a few weeks. Well I might tomorrow for bloodwork after my first IUI to check my LH level.

DH and I really wanted to fool around this morning too but we didn't so that his first sample for tomorrow would be a mega sample! lol

I hope you all had a good Christmas!

EJsMommy December 27th, 2011 07:38 AM

Re: 4 Follies

Great news! One thing that I would say is to make sure your husband hydrates himself. When I did an IUI my husband had gotten wrapped in work and forgot to drink water and we got less than desired sperm sample. Good Luck on yours.

kayakr December 27th, 2011 07:40 AM

Oh good idea! Thank you!!! :)

*Manda* December 27th, 2011 09:47 AM

Sounds exciting! Good luck with the IUI!

*JenJen* December 27th, 2011 10:17 AM

woohooo! 4 follies is awesome! I hope this 2ww flies by and it's your last 2ww ever!

L-SBB December 27th, 2011 11:11 AM

wow that's exciting - 4 follies sounds like an awesome result! good luck to you...hope this is your lucky cycle!!

ttb1105 December 27th, 2011 12:02 PM

YAHOO!! 4 follicles sounds fantastic! So very excited for you and hoping that you get your BFP REAL soon!

kayakr December 27th, 2011 12:04 PM

Thank you guys! There has to be just one good egg out of those four and those spermies better find it! :)

Erin84 December 27th, 2011 04:04 PM

FOUR follies! Woman, this is SO your cycle. I can't wait to see your BFP :)

KMH December 27th, 2011 07:38 PM

:excited: Yay, Gretchen! This all sounds wonderful!!

Can you believe that only a few weeks ago you were freaking out because DH didn't want to DTD or do MA, and now you are attacking each other trying to fertilize those follies...what a difference a month off made :) I really, really hope that this is your month!

kayakr December 28th, 2011 08:24 AM

Yes Melissa - that was just a short time ago. I couldn't even get DH to Bd on demand and he insisted on a month off to feel normal again. Since then he has been onboard and being a champ. I am so glad I listened to you ladies and gave him the break he needed.

So my first IUI was this morning. It went good I think. Sperm was 100 million before wash and 88 mill after wash with 85 motiltiy. Woo hoo.
They did an ultra sound afterwards and all the follies are still there and bigger. My blood work indicates LH surge plus the trigger shot yesterday. Needless to say I am a little emotional today with all the hormones going on. So we go one more time tomorrow for another IUI and after the ultrasound I expect that the follies will be gone. I have slight cramping on both overies for the last 24 hours.
I hope they don't need anymore blood work tomorrow cause my arms are shot and brused and they had a really hard time today getting any after mulitple attempts. ugh!! They said something about giving me more trigger shot tomorrow....what is that about?

Gosh I pray this works. I will be 42 in Feb. :( Someone stop the clock!!!

L-SBB December 28th, 2011 08:32 AM

yay that sounds like a great IUI! fingers crossed for you that this will be your lucky BFP cycle!!!

I'm curious about them giving you a 2nd trigger shot too...i haven't heard of that? Let us know what you find out about that and if they do give it to you.

KMH December 28th, 2011 08:54 AM

I received HCG "booster shots" after my medicated cycles as well. It really messes up my POAS obsession, but oh well ;) The HCG makes your body think that you are already pregnant and helps tell your body to make more progesterone on its own. Progesterone supplementation is great, but it is even better if your body makes it on its own.

kayakr December 28th, 2011 09:49 AM

Oh that makes sense. So they will give me that extra 5000 hcg tomorrow and I also was told I will start the progesterone tomorrow or friday as well.

So if my body is tricked that I am pregnant than maybe those fertized eggs will implant better? God I hope! I take those suppositories and progesterone panties over all these blood tests any day!

*JenJen* December 28th, 2011 10:09 AM

yup, the idea is to make your body think it is already pregnant so that it makes conditions even more ideal for an implanting eggie. Hopefully those follies collapse tomorrow and you get a baby(or two) out of them!

kayakr December 28th, 2011 10:22 AM

Everything looks good on paper, but I've been warned cause of my age and DH morphology issues it's only about a 8% chance with medicated iui. With 4 follies though maybe 32% chance. I'd still have a over a 50% chance of mc even if I get pregnant cuase of my age. Gosh how depressing. Lets not think about any of that lets just think positive thoughts!

Thank you for your support again ladies!

ccartanddesign December 28th, 2011 10:34 AM

That's a good sperm count. Also with 4 follicles you have a great chance. i know they are good eggs.