JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Stims started before AF arrives? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2476697-stims-started-before-af-arrives.html)

ccartanddesign January 17th, 2012 09:35 AM

Stims started before AF arrives?

My RE told me to stop BCP on 1/14 which I did. Come in yesterday (1/16) for baseline scan and bloodwork before starting ivf cycle 2.

Yesterday I made sure to tell the nurse and RE that I had just stopped bcp on 1/14 and hadn't started AF yet. They did the scan and bloodwork and told me to start stimulation injections last night which I did.

Now I am wondering if we are putting the cart before the horse or does it even matter. I can tell AF is going to start today - have spotting.

I am about to email the nurse to ask her about this but do you have any thoughts?

Prendy09 January 17th, 2012 09:53 AM

Re: Stims started before AF arrives?

Ccart - something about this sounds strangely familiar. I feel when I started injections for my fresh cycle in July, I stopped the BCP before they were finished, and they advised me to take my first injection on CD1, which they told me should be July 10th, at the time. Well, days before that, I didn't see any of signs of AF, called them and asked them about the injection, whether or not I should still take it, etc. They told me based on all my blood work and u/s, AF should be showing and to do the injection....and wouldn't you know, the morning of 7/10/11, AF showed, and I did my first injection of Gonal F that night.....

ccartanddesign January 17th, 2012 12:09 PM

Ok thank you for your input Prendy.
i just emailed the nurse so we'll see what she says.

kayakr January 17th, 2012 12:41 PM

I bet they are just starting your stims early to get more eggs. Let us know what the nurse says. Super curious too!

Maybe with your first IVF they didnt' feel like the stimed you long enough before you were ready to O?

ccartanddesign January 17th, 2012 01:27 PM

Hi Gretchen,

My RE said he wanted to stim me longer this time - 12 days as opposed to 7 days last time so maybe that's why we started early. Thanks for the input!

Prendy09 January 17th, 2012 01:43 PM

Which that also makes total sense, because I starting stimming on the 10th, and my retreival was the 22nd, which was for 12 days ;o)

kelbert January 17th, 2012 02:09 PM

From what I can remember I didn't take a whole pack of BCP, but they wouldn't let me start stims until CD1 of AF.

Maybe since you are doing stims longer it doesn't matter? Sounds right to me!