JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Question (loss mentioned) (xpost in TTCAL) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2623686-question-loss-mentioned-xpost-ttcal.html)

Lucy S. February 9th, 2013 12:28 AM

Question (loss mentioned) (xpost in TTCAL)

my Dr called today and told me my HCG has continued to drop and is down to 39. She also said I have to wait a cycle because my chance of m/c is very high if I get PG right away.
So it has been awhile since I researched, but i thought it was fine if it was an uncomplicated early loss? I am 5 1/2 weeks but my HCG only reached 112 and is now dropping quickly. Seems to me this is a cut and dry chemical and I shouldn't have to wait.

When she told me I cried. i don't want to wait. I am sick of waiting and losing it. I can't sit around and dwell for weeks.

smsturner February 9th, 2013 05:45 AM

Re: Question (loss mentioned) (xpost in TTCAL)

I'm so sorry honey! Waiting is by far the worst part of the journey. And having to wait and having a loss all at once is terrible! I wish I could say anything to help. Big hugs to you.

Daisee37 February 9th, 2013 05:46 AM

I posted my response over on the TTCAL board... but both my RE and OB have said I could try again right after my first AF after early losses.

*Leah* February 9th, 2013 06:04 AM

I don't see a reason to wait either. I think some Drs say this, but have no reasoning behind it. Do what feels right to you. If that means not waiting, then don't. So sorry sweetie.

L-SBB February 9th, 2013 06:05 AM

Hugs Lucy...doctors are all over the place with the wait period. My OB would tell me to wait a cycle even after a early loss but RE is exact opposite and tried immediately after loss under his care. There have been some recent studies indicating no higher chance of loss trying immediately after, but I am big believer in doing what you feel is best - whether that's waiting or trying again right away.

*Whiskey* February 9th, 2013 06:59 AM

I believe after an early loss that is uncomplicated you shouldn't have to wait. I don't think there will be much difference in risk.

Do what you feel is best for you.

*JenJen* February 9th, 2013 07:48 AM

*hugs* my old RE's policy was if you miscarried before 5 weeks, no wait, but after 5 weeks, you had to wait a full cycle. His reasoning was you wanted to give the time for the body to reset itself back to normal.

IndyMommyWannabe February 9th, 2013 08:05 AM

:( I really have no advice. I just wanted to give you a :hug:

Laurenj915 February 9th, 2013 08:09 AM

I'm so sorry. It is so unfair. I probably would not wait. I just figure my body is way smarter than me and will decide when it is ready.

Gamer_Princess February 9th, 2013 09:33 AM

I was told to wait one cycle with my chemical but we are still NTNP this cycle.

You know your body and you have the final say. Thinking about you so much. :wub:

swtneka February 9th, 2013 01:00 PM

I just wanted to wish u well with whatever you decide.

JulieMc February 9th, 2013 05:21 PM

Personally, I wouldn't wait. It's obviously a chemical. I'd say, do what YOU feel is right. I am sorry you are going through this, and hope you get a sticky one soon.

Cait&AngelAbove February 9th, 2013 06:02 PM

I am so sorry for your loss!!! After my first loss, I was told to wait two to three cycles but I was 7w3d. Then after my second loss which was a chemical, he didn't have me wait at all. So I would just go for it!

onlybygrace February 10th, 2013 01:14 PM

Oh Lucy!
I'm so sorry for you.

Big Hugs!

I wouldnt wait either...and early loss shouldn't have to mean you lose a month!

I'm keeping you in my prayers...

Raunchero February 10th, 2013 03:35 PM

I took a cycle of because I needed a "mental" break. Your heart will hand you the right answer

Lindz253 February 10th, 2013 04:01 PM

Personally I wouldn't wait but like other ladies have said you Should go with what you feel is the right thing to do. Again, I'm so sad you are going through this lucy. Big hugs!

Lucy S. February 11th, 2013 09:22 PM

I love you ladies!!
I emailed my Dr and she agreed to let me try right away :D