JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   BTDT Girls :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2630197-btdt-girls.html)

Gamer_Princess February 28th, 2013 04:25 AM

BTDT Girls :)

So we are starting MA in May and I have no idea exactly how much MA it will take for us, but I am a huge planner. We have Tricare and wanted to know from you BTDT girls, what exactly Tricare covers. I know the timed intercourse (TI) is a must for a lot to be covered but does it cover the cost of medications with TI? A previous post about injection med costs got me to thinking and want to be prepared for when/if the doctor wants to move forward with more costly cycles. I know it is still early but want to be rather prepared and not go in blindly. I feel our RE will be on board for anything we want to try but I want to have the knowledge to go with it ;)

KMH February 28th, 2013 05:30 AM

Re: BTDT Girls :)

Yes, Tricare will cover EVERYTHING (meds, procedures, tests, etc.) until you add IUI or IVF to the mix. Once you add IUI or IVF, they are technically supposed to cover nothing.

But...

Your RE may be able to get some things covered. For example, my CD3 ultrasound was always covered, because my RE coded it as being diagnostic/checking for cysts or other issues. Somehow my progesterone was always covered, even when I was doing IUI or IVF. Sometimes they also covered my trigger shot. I don't know why sometimes they did and sometimes they didn't. I never lied if asked what procedures we were doing, but I also never corrected them if they said that they would cover something that they technically didn't have to cover.

Once you confirm a pregnancy, everything else your RE does is also covered. Betas and ultrasounds fall under "early pregnancy monitoring" and are covered 100%.

I hope that helps!

Gamer_Princess February 28th, 2013 05:32 AM

Thank you so much!! You and your knowledge are godsent ;)

starlitnite611 February 28th, 2013 05:33 AM

I am new to the MA as well. These ladies are amazing and so very knowledgable. Just wanted to stop by.. say hi and wish you all the best of luck!!

Gamer_Princess February 28th, 2013 05:37 AM

Thank you so much! I hoped we would never be down this path but I am so happy to have the advice and encouragement of you girls :) It makes it so much easier especially since some of our IRL friends do not know what we are going through. The couple that do have no idea what to say or how to respond to infertility, as if it is a life sentence... So when I found this site, I feel like I am not alone. :wub:

KMH February 28th, 2013 05:44 AM

Glad to help! This board totally saved my bacon, so it makes my day when I can help make someone else's journey a little bit less confusing :heart:

Lindz253 February 28th, 2013 06:01 AM

Man am I jealous of that coverage!! :lol: That is awesome, good for you girls with great coverage!!

Gamer_Princess February 28th, 2013 08:55 AM

There are some hoops to jump through BUT in the end makes it very worth it :wub:

*JenJen* February 28th, 2013 09:19 AM

yes, Melissa was a godsend for me when I started to going through MA as well. and she told you the best info

onlybygrace February 28th, 2013 12:38 PM

Just wanted to stop by and say that I think Melissa and her knowledge is pretty AMAZING!

KMH February 28th, 2013 12:50 PM

:wub: Awww, you girls have no idea how much this makes me smile. Thanks for taking the time to say such nice things...you have made my day :heart: