JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Ultrasound not as good as we thought. *preg mentioned* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2631524-ultrasound-not-good-we-thought-preg-mentioned.html)

smsturner March 4th, 2013 10:22 AM

Ultrasound not as good as we thought. *preg mentioned*

So the dr called today. She isn't happy with the way things look on the ultrasound.

She said that my amniotic fluid 'looks' low. And that the heartbeat (112 bpm) seems low.

I have done plenty of looking and searching and from everything I can find, 90-110 is very normal for 6-7 weeks. Why is she unhappy with that? Did I find wrong information?

I don't know anything about amniotic fluid levels and ultrasounds. Could anyone offer some insight? Can my body fix this? Can this be ok with my fluid a little low? Is this a VERY bad thing?

Please anyone?? I was so sure everything was ok now, but now I'm so worried and confused and upset. :confused:

Next ultrasound is next week. I hate waiting and worrying and not knowing.

Lindz253 March 4th, 2013 10:40 AM

Re: Ultrasound not as good as we thought. *preg mentioned*

Im so sorry you are going through all this stress. Im praying everything is fine with you and baby bean. I don't have any answers but maybe from now until you have your appointment drink TONS and TONS of water and hope that some how increases your fluid level.

Raunchero March 4th, 2013 10:48 AM

Oh susan, im sorry you are going through this rough patch. I am not sure on the fluid I would think just like lindsay said to inrease your fluid level

starlitnite611 March 4th, 2013 11:37 AM

A friend of mine has significantly low fluid and her baby is growing fine at 6 months. You body is amazing. It can handle being a little low in anything. I know this is going to sound silly, but try to take a deep breath, relax and have a glass of water. The heart rate, from what I remember, sounds right for 6 weeks. Maybe your dr just wants to make sure it keeps getting faster. Fingers crossed!!

melissaleigh March 4th, 2013 12:02 PM

Hearbeat sounds normal to me and I agree with the other ladies - Drink lots of water and try as hard as it is to relax

Sunrise March 4th, 2013 12:46 PM

I'm so sorry. She sounds like a very detailed doctor (great quality). Though its not the news you want to hear- beanie still has a HB. Stay positive. The advice above sounds great.

IndyMommyWannabe March 4th, 2013 01:41 PM

I know it's MUCH easier said than done (and believe me, my hobby is stressing out! haha!) but try to stay as calm as possible - and talk to your baby. :) I think that will help a lot. Like others have said - this sorta thing sounds like it happens and you'll be fine.

Obviously none of us are doctors but just do what you can to keep calm and know that you have your future son and or daughter in there!

Think positive happy thoughts!

KMH March 4th, 2013 02:03 PM

Agree with the other ladies...these early ultrasounds are tricky and can be off if the tech doesn't hold things just perfectly. The HB sounds great to me! Drink lots of water, relax, and we will all be cheering for your bean!!

Cait&AngelAbove March 4th, 2013 02:07 PM

I am so sorry that you are having to go through all this stress!

*Whiskey* March 4th, 2013 04:33 PM

Fluids, fluids and more fluids! You'd be surprised at how much difference fluid intake makes with that kind of thing. I'm sure everything will be just fine.

Did I mention drink more fluids???

smsturner March 4th, 2013 06:30 PM

Thank you ladies :)

I'm going to drink as much as possible. And try to relax!

Appt is set for next Monday at 830.

~~MeeMee~~ March 4th, 2013 07:31 PM

just wanted to send you and your bean postive thoughts...drink, drink, and drink

Lucy S. March 4th, 2013 11:30 PM

My sister just had her 6 week u/s and the hb was 102 and they didn't say anything. She went back a week later and it was higher...

onlybygrace March 5th, 2013 10:43 AM

Sorry you have to experience this stress Susan!

That heart rigth sounds right on track from the googling I did...

FX for you next appointment on Monday!

*Leah* March 5th, 2013 02:08 PM

The HB is within perfect range. I'm glad she's watching you so closely. I agree with everyone else, drink drink drink that water :) can't wait to see how your next appt goes! You'll be surprised how much s/he's grown and how much faster the hb is!

Lindz253 March 5th, 2013 02:45 PM

Just checking in on you and making sure you are chugging gallons of water! :D

kayakr March 5th, 2013 05:26 PM

Hi Susan. HB for that little bean is perfect. Better to have dr's that are more cautious then to relaxed. Drink your water and tell your bean how much you love it.
Hang in there and hopefully next week appointment will prove to be more relieving.

smsturner March 6th, 2013 06:55 AM

Trying....hack hack *gag*.... to choke down the water. lol I HATE drinking plain water when I'm already feely icky!! It makes me all sloshy!

At least I only have to wait until Monday (this is my mantra right now!!)

starlitnite611 March 6th, 2013 07:01 AM

Go to the Dollar General and get some Hawaiian Punch single packets... (only use 1/2) it will be oh so much better ;)

*Leah* March 6th, 2013 12:44 PM

I buy Simply Apple and I add a shot or two of it into a glass of water. Makes it yummy and Simply apple is all natural, nothing added. They also have simply orange and grapefruit if you like them better. I also love True Lemon, True Orange and Lime packets (at walmart by the sugar packets) They are just crystallized lemon/orange/lime, no sugars added ...etc... and I use them to flavor water on the go. HTH!