JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   We have a plan (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2631666-we-have-plan.html)

Raunchero March 4th, 2013 04:20 PM

We have a plan

I just got off the phone with the Dr. She is requesting I do one more cycle with 100mg of clomid. All i had asked if there was any other options and she had said, "i would like to bump you up to 100mg clomid for this next cycle, no shot and if you dont get pg I will have you and DH meet with me to go over our next steps"

I hate those words... "next steps" makes me feel like we are out of this next cycle even before we begin! UGH!!!

I asked about the CM and she said "well yes, sometimes clomid can make it more of a hostile enviroment for the sperm" and when i asked well what can i take to counter-act that side effect she said "i know some people have experimented with cough medicine, but none of that has been proven"

I dont know what to do. I want to think that bumping us up to 100mg will get me my bean, but i think it might do more harm.

Anyone have any idea what i can do to make more fertile CM? :tmi:

Lindz253 March 4th, 2013 04:26 PM

Re: We have a plan

Do you have an IUI or do timed intercourse??

Raunchero March 4th, 2013 04:28 PM

Timed Intercourse... my DH has off the chart numbers..

Lindz253 March 4th, 2013 04:36 PM

Would she be willing to give you 7mg of Femara? That is supposed to not have your CM as bad. I don't really know any ways to increase it but I know personally my first question would be to switch to Femara.

Hopefully someone can give you some good tips here!

KMH March 4th, 2013 05:04 PM

Do you usually use something like PreSeed or another sperm-friendly lubricant? That might give the swimmers a little extra help and something to swim thru?

Sunrise March 4th, 2013 05:12 PM

I've read Muinex for CM.
now with your RE-- it's your body. If you want to try something else, remember that you can always seek another opinion. Good luck!

starlitnite611 March 4th, 2013 05:48 PM

I use Robitussin 2 tsp x3 a day.

Cait&AngelAbove March 4th, 2013 07:04 PM

I have used Mucinex, but make sure to get the regular one with only guafesin(sp?).

MandyEllen March 5th, 2013 07:01 AM

I have used PreSeed lubricant in the past. Try it. There are people who say that it's what helped them get pregnant.

Raunchero March 5th, 2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindz253 (Post 27161336)
Would she be willing to give you 7mg of Femara? That is supposed to not have your CM as bad. I don't really know any ways to increase it but I know personally my first question would be to switch to Femara.

Hopefully someone can give you some good tips here!

When i asked about other options she didnt even mention it

KMH
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you usually use something like PreSeed or another sperm-friendly lubricant? That might give the swimmers a little extra help and something to swim thru?

I have not used anything like that before, where would you get that?

kayakr March 5th, 2013 08:00 AM

That sounds like a good plan! Preseed Lub for sure! Works great. I only use half ofthe recommended dose though cuase it can get a little to slippery. TMI

Lindz253 March 5th, 2013 08:02 AM

I have purchased pre-seed online. Google it and Im sure places will pop up to buy it.

I think I had ordered it from earlypregnancytests .com or something like that

Raunchero March 5th, 2013 10:12 AM

What kind of preseed shoul I get? The one with the applictor?

onlybygrace March 5th, 2013 10:30 AM

I think the original preseed only comes with the aplicator type. I bought mine off amazon.

I agree with Gretchen though...use only 1/2 applicator or else it will be VERY slippery!

*Leah* March 5th, 2013 11:09 AM

I, too get preseed online ...i just got conceive plus this time around to see if it was any different.

You can take Evening primrose oil - I get the 1000mg capsules at walmart and I take 3 in am and 3 at night from CD10 until O. I also take Mucinex (same days CD10 on) , (just the regular Mucinex one, not MD, I ditto what Caitlin said, just the Guifesein (sp) one...)

I've also read that lemon water can help provide a more friendly environment. Eating carrots was another one I've heard.

Some Dr's don't suggest Femara, simply because it is a cancer drug and not "technically" fda approved for infertility. But if you are curious, I'd call her back and ask.

It's your body, if you think it's doing more harm than good, I'd say something. Were you monitored? You could check to see what your lining is like on it, and how many follicles you are getting with the clomid. Also, doing an IUI, could help, because if your CM is bad from the clomid, IUI's bypasses that issue.

Best of luck to you!

Raunchero March 5th, 2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillwaiting (Post 27164175)
I, too get preseed online ...i just got conceive plus this time around to see if it was any different.

You can take Evening primrose oil - I get the 1000mg capsules at walmart and I take 3 in am and 3 at night from CD10 until O. I also take Mucinex (same days CD10 on) , (just the regular Mucinex one, not MD, I ditto what Caitlin said, just the Guifesein (sp) one...)

I've also read that lemon water can help provide a more friendly environment. Eating carrots was another one I've heard.

Some Dr's don't suggest Femara, simply because it is a cancer drug and not "technically" fda approved for infertility. But if you are curious, I'd call her back and ask.

It's your body, if you think it's doing more harm than good, I'd say something. Were you monitored? You could check to see what your lining is like on it, and how many follicles you are getting with the clomid. Also, doing an IUI, could help, because if your CM is bad from the clomid, IUI's bypasses that issue.

Best of luck to you!

Ok I ordered the Preseed... should get it in pleantly of time... i was not monitored this last cycle but cycles before i was and my lining was good. I feel like i should try this round of clomid and if it doesnt work ask about femara next cycle

Gamer_Princess March 5th, 2013 11:39 AM

you can buy Preseed at CVS and Target as well :)

Lucy S. March 5th, 2013 06:33 PM

Yes def pressed and half the dose unless you like swimming in lubricant :giggle:
Also try the guaifenesin plain and drink plenty of water!!!