JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   "To be a candidate for the IUI there should be no history of male factor infertility. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2632409-to-candidate-for-iui-there-should-no-history-male-factor-infertility.html)

Lucy S. March 6th, 2013 06:09 PM

"To be a candidate for the IUI there should be no history of male factor infertility.

Quote:

To be a candidate for the IUI treatment, your ovaries must be able to produce normal quality eggs, your Fallopian tubes must be patent and there should be no history of male factor infertility.
https://novaivf.com/clinic-iui.htm
That is the actual quote ^

i am contacting REs that do both IUI and IVF (JIC) and ran across this with one of them I wanted to use. I'm confused. No MF issues at all? Or??? I contacted them so I hope to get an answer soon. I also added DH's last SA.

So I am hoping that maybe switching clinics will pull me through my funk. We haven't gotten the greatest care but you get what you pay for in this case. So I am looking elsewhere. I am hoping no matter where we go, they treat *dh* because I feel like he is the main concerns and ironically he's been neglected. His freaking urologist is a joke and hasn't even emailed him back when we asked months ago why his hormones weren't checked :(

Also where is the IVF page that has the stats? I lost it :rolleyes:
I think for the bay area they were good... Although the bay area CA was a joke IMO. Seems like the stats were not very impressive.

I am sinking into the TTC dark abyss I think. I am hoping it's just end of cycle crash but I am pretty pissed and upset this cycle. I think the m/c has some to do with it and how + I was feeling.
Sorry to rant and babble....
Hopefully I can forget all this and get a BFP this cycle. If not I need some hope.

Gamer_Princess March 6th, 2013 06:27 PM

Re: "To be a candidate for the IUI there should be no history of male factor infertil

Hoping you do not have to find a clinic and you get your rainbow baby :)

In the case you do need to move on, I hope you can find one that will take MFI seriously. I think that statement about IUI and MFI is crazy! :mad: That is just insane.. do they seriously just want people to throw money at them because they can... GRRR! I hope you can find the right fit and get the attention you deserve :)

LucyAnna March 6th, 2013 06:29 PM

Re: "To be a candidate for the IUI there should be no history of male factor infertil

I Thought that is why we seek out MA?! Right? I mean if we all produced normal eggs and had no Male Infertility--would we need any help?
I'm our case- dh has poor motility- so his swimmers like to chase their tails! Lovely! But when they processed his "contribution" they weed all those out and we are left with happy little normal swimmers- so don't get caught up in that! Just find an RE that you love!! Good luck!!

Lindz253 March 6th, 2013 07:11 PM

I'm sorry you are having a rough time emotionally :( I'm on my Phone and I will write more in the morning...

Hugs!

Cait&AngelAbove March 6th, 2013 07:18 PM

That is ridiculous! I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all this!!!

cutenurse24 March 6th, 2013 07:23 PM

I am so sorry that you have to deal with this!!! I am really hoping that you don't need to move onto a new clinic and get your rainbow baby. If you do have to move onto a new clinic, I really hope you find one that will take care of both of you. Fingers crossed!!!

*Leah* March 7th, 2013 03:21 AM

I'm glad you are looking into other clinics! Yes, if your DH's urologist hasn't gotten back to you about a simple question, then he doesn't know the answer!

I disagree with that IUI statement, like LucyAnna said, then you'd not need any help! Also, IUI can totally help the sperm, my IUI nurse said what they wash them with takes out the bad sperm and it's like "giving candy to a diabetic" it just ramps the sperm up and they swim better, giving you a better chance.

And I have a friend that had 1 million sperm with an IUI and got pg, so the whole male factor thing is bunk. Sure, the clinic would like that, as an optimal situation, but it's not realistic.

The website you are looking for is here :) http://www.sart.org/find_frm.html

I'm sorry you are in a funk....btdt...this is all so frustrating. It shouldn't be THIS HARD! ((HUGS)) sweetie...

*Whiskey* March 7th, 2013 05:01 AM

I also disagree with that statement. My RE, as much of a quack as he was, ordered a huge list of blood work for Troy though he went and got them done here on post, the RE read them (I think). I know I have them somewhere I really should read them. Most everything seemed normal. However - I don't think FSH was drawn. Hmm.

Additionally, is there a way to get a different urologist? If your RE isn't willing to treat your DH as well then that might be a path to go down. I honestly don't know how that works yet.

Hang in there love, you have gone through a huge emotional rollercoaster these past few months and it is only understandable you're feeling this way now.

KMH March 7th, 2013 05:29 AM

I wonder what their definition of "male factor infertility" is? Maybe they mean severe MFI and they just don't express their thoughts well? I don't know, but I think that is wrong. IUI can give people just the boost they need when the swimmers aren't getting the job done on their own.

I hope you find some answers soon, and that your funk turns into big smiles :D

Raunchero March 7th, 2013 05:46 AM

:that:Agreed!!!

kayakr March 7th, 2013 02:21 PM

I have always heard as long as post wash was 20 mil or more then IUI was worth the try. Multiple tries!

Hang in there - don't let this terrible crap define who you are. You are more than this! Remember - Hope is what keeps us going - don't lose it. Hugs!

Lucy S. March 7th, 2013 08:07 PM

ahhhh don't know what i would do without you guys.
It was pity party day today but then I remembered how strong you all are so surely I can suck it up a little :blush:

I was wondering too if they mean severe or not. I hoped they would have replied today but they didn't. They have the best IVF stats in the area and I was hoping it would work with them because worst case I wouldn't xfer.
I think I am going to try and find a better urologist even if we have to pay out of pocket. I am frustrated that it's been over a year and we have taken baby steps.

onlybygrace March 8th, 2013 02:09 AM

Hope they can give you some clarity on that statement. I agree, it doesnt make a lot of sense!