JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Infuriated, please talk me down from the ledge. :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2632905-infuriated-please-talk-me-down-ledge.html)

IndyMommyWannabe March 8th, 2013 07:19 AM

Infuriated, please talk me down from the ledge. :)

OMFG. So I was listening to the radio show I do in the morning - The Bert Show (based out of Atlanta but I listen here in Indy)...

So someone emailed them about having tried to get pregnant for 7 years and theyhave unexplained infertility...and how she feels that she truly "hates" women who get pregnant when she can't. Obviously we can all understand that...

So I TRY calling in but can't get through...of course the caller that DOES get through was all ...

"Maybe this woman doesn't realize it's in God's plan and that she should adopt - and anyone who does IVF is 'selfish'...".

OMFG seriously - it took so much out of me NOT to punch my radio...I tried calling again but still couldn't get through. I immediately emailed the show when I got into work telling them that it's that kind of IGNORANCE in society that makes us mad!

I told them "It's just like Cancer - would you EVER tell someone who has cancer to "just relax" or that it was in God's plan for them to be sick? HELL NO! And Infertility is a disease just like cancer is.

seriously I'm shaking I'm so mad right now. I need to calm down...but I did what I could - I emailed them to let them know how rude, insensitive and just plain WRONG that woman was.

Now the host of the show was saying how he knows it's infuriating for a woman to hear the "just relax, take a vacation, etc..." but to allow that caller to be what everyone hear - I told them infurates me because people need to be educated on the fact that INFERTILITY IS A DISEASE!!!!! IT IS PHYSICAL JUST LIKE HEART DISEASE OR CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

ok, I need to calm down and get to work. Thank you for letting me vent.

btw - if you wanna go email them yourselves it's:
The Bert Show | Real. Funny.

I emailed the host of the show - who I like, and it wasn't him I was yelling at but the caller...

I know that woman wasn't

smsturner March 8th, 2013 07:23 AM

Re: Infuriated, please talk me down from the ledge. :)

OMG. I would serioulsy be screaming my head off at the stupid show!! I am curious about the reactions of the hosts to what that stupid woman said.
God's plan!! Selfish! Good lord this makes me all steamy just READING this!!
Disgusting. Some people need a good slap across the face!

Raunchero March 8th, 2013 07:29 AM

That women needs a group of us TTCMA to go open a can of whoop ***** on her! lol... if it was "God's plan" would God lead us to all these doctors and medications to help us conceieve? God has a plan for all of us and sometimes his miricals come through dark times, so when his hand touches you his light truley shows.

*JenJen* March 8th, 2013 07:34 AM

ugh, I'd be furious.

Cait&AngelAbove March 8th, 2013 07:37 AM

I am sorry you had to hear that awful woman! I would have been furious if I heard it. Some people can be so dense and just have no idea what we go through.

IndyMommyWannabe March 8th, 2013 07:50 AM

Believe me, i totally get that it's just plain ignorance and I know they are out there in the MILLIONS - I've said before I have a "friend" I refuse to talk to about this because I know her answer will always be to "just relax and quit wanting it so badly"...but it's more to hear it on a radio station and know that THAT is the message that others are receiving???!!!!!!

And as far as "God's plan" which I do believe in God and I believe he has one...but for me - like Rochelle said about - I believe God's plan for ME is to meet my incredible Doctor who WILL get me pregnant and God GAVE my doctor the gift to KNOW how to perform IVF! Yes it sucks that I'm we are dealing with infertility - but I believe I am infertile so that I can learn how to help others - and in that way, I have to go through a Doctor who, again, God gave the GIFTS to to GET me pregnant!

:beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat:

kayakr March 8th, 2013 09:48 AM

Most people just don't understand anything about any infertility issues at all. They also don't understand or know anything about the adoption process that has it's own set of heartbreaks that I an not equiped to handle at this time.

It's more selfish for someone who doesn't understand or have the knowledge to make comments then it is for me to be going through IVF/DE. Take that stupid lady on radio! lol

cutenurse24 March 8th, 2013 10:49 AM

Just goes to show that most people have no clue about infertility. It is so annoying and infuriating. I wonder if she is also one of those people that say you need to relax and just let nature take its course!!! I hate that too!! Infertility is far from being some sort of disease!!! I would have lost it in the car if I had heard that on the radio, I probably would have punched my radio.

*Leah* March 8th, 2013 01:11 PM

I'm so mad FOR YOU! I would have written the show if I was you too! UGH and the whole adoption card? It's MORE expensive to adopt, and like Gretchen said, I just would not be able to handle if a birth mom changed her mind on us.

I'd like to have someone look at me in the face and tell me that I'm selfish, when I show them how much I've given up to have my daughter and hopefully a sibling for her!

OOOH I'm fired up now too, girl! ARGH! The caller is an idiot, not informed and I'm mad that is the voice everyone out there today on the radio heard too. YOU should have gotten to speak instead!

*Whiskey* March 8th, 2013 01:58 PM

Ugh.. that's precisely why I no longer listen to talk radio.. because of the ignorance. I'd have probably had a stroke if I heard that woman.

Nicholle ttc March 9th, 2013 06:29 AM

I'd be furious listening to that show! :mad: There are sooooooo many ignorant people in this world who have no idea what we go through and the loss that we feel when 1.) we can't get pregnant and 2.) when IVF fails! I'm upset just reading about this!

So sorry that you had to hear that! :hug:

onlybygrace March 9th, 2013 09:20 AM

I'd love to have that woman alone in a locked room for a few minutes. You know, just to "talk"