JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Egg Retrieval - Only 1 Fertilized Egg **UPDATE** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2638565-egg-retrieval-only-1-fertilized-egg-update.html)

hopefulgirl March 28th, 2013 09:13 AM

Egg Retrieval - Only 1 Fertilized Egg **UPDATE**

Yesterday I had 11 oocytes retrieved and this morning I received the news that only 5 of the 11 were mature eggs and only 1 fertilized naturally. We won't know until Monday (day 5) whether or not this one embryo made it to the egg transfer date. This is our first IVF cycle after 4 failed miscarriages since Oct 2011 although no tests have revealed any issues with myself or my husband, except for my thryoid disease which we got under control prior to my last miscarriage.

Anyone have success to day 5 with just 1 embryo and go on to have a successful pregnancy?:mad:

*Leah* March 28th, 2013 09:22 AM

Re: Egg Retrieval - Only 1 Fertilized Egg

I retrieved 4 embryos last time, they were fertilized with ICSI (were yours?) and 3 fertilized. I had 2 implanted at day 3 and I have Mallory.

A friend of mine had 28 eggs, ONE fertilized and she has her son. It can totally still work! All it takes is one :) Hang in there girl!!

ICSI costs a little bit more, but I think it's worth it. My clinic automatically does it, but some clinics do not.

UM, wait...Why are they waiting until day 5? You should talk to your clinic. I only had 3 embryos, so they require a 3 day transfer, because the embryos might not make it to 5. I'm very surprised they aren't doing a 3 day transfer for you.

((HUGS))

MandyEllen March 28th, 2013 09:27 AM

It only takes one! Remember that! Stay positive. I know that it's hard, but we're all pulling for you.
My RE's lab will do a transfer as long as the embryo is progressing. It's when they stop making any progress that it's canceled.
Best wishes & keep us posted.

~~MeeMee~~ March 28th, 2013 09:47 AM

I agree with the other ladies…all it takes is one! Good luck!

hopefulgirl March 28th, 2013 11:52 AM

Thanks Ladies. We did not do ICSI as it wasn't covered by our insurance but we were not aware of that going in (too late now). My clinic (Fertility Centers of New England) do day 5 because they feel as though those embryos that last that long have a better chance of going on to be successful. If this one dies by Monday, the transfer will be cancelled and we'll start the IVF process in May since next cycle I'm going on vaca and won't be around for all the steps required. I appreciate the well wishes but considering I have to wait 3.5 days to know whether we'll go foward is horrible! I've been in the 2ww club before but knowing we only have 1 embryo is killer!

kayakr March 28th, 2013 01:30 PM

It only takes one and hopefully this IS the one!

melissaleigh March 28th, 2013 02:42 PM

I'm sorry about all the stress this is going to cause you waiting until Monday to find out. As hard as it is please try to stay positive and like everyone else said. It only takes one.

zonee@gmail.com March 28th, 2013 04:38 PM

Sending nothing but good vibes and prayers for that eggie to keep growing! Good luck!!:dust::dust:

Onelove121 March 28th, 2013 08:52 PM

Praying for you ♥

Lucy S. March 28th, 2013 09:11 PM

I hope it makes it!! FX!!!!!

cutenurse24 March 29th, 2013 08:03 AM

Fingers crossed for you!!! It only takes one!!! Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way!!!

hopefulgirl April 1st, 2013 10:59 AM

*****Update*****
Successfully transferred the one embryo that made it to day 5; was a grade A blastocyst. Now part of the 2ww group! Thanks for all the support ladies!! :smile:

hopefulgirl April 1st, 2013 10:59 AM

*****Update*****
Successfully transferred the one embryo that made it to day 5; was a grade A blastocyst. Now part of the 2ww group! Thanks for all the support ladies!! :smile:

*Leah* April 1st, 2013 11:06 AM

Re: Egg Retrieval - Only 1 Fertilized Egg **UPDATE**

YAY!!!!!!!! congrats!!! best of luck and take it easy the next couple days, drink lots of water and rest!!!!

melissaleigh April 1st, 2013 11:41 AM

YAY!!! Welcome to the lovely TWW

kayakr April 1st, 2013 11:44 AM

See - nice strong embie! Get some rest! Try and enjoy the TWW. Remember Pregnant until proven otherwise!

smsturner April 1st, 2013 11:47 AM

Oh that's great that it worked out well so far! I hope it goes perfectly now!

Lindz253 April 1st, 2013 12:29 PM

Hoping you get a nice BFP at the end of the 2ww! Good luck!

starlitnite611 April 1st, 2013 01:15 PM

I'm so excited for you!!!!

cutenurse24 April 1st, 2013 01:17 PM

:woohoo: So excited for you!!!! Hoping you get a beautiful bfp at the end of your 2ww!!!