JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Lauren Lash- i love the new sig (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2638797-lauren-lash-i-love-new-sig.html)

Lucy S. March 29th, 2013 12:59 AM

Lauren Lash- i love the new sig

It's beautiful

KMH March 29th, 2013 07:02 AM

Re: Lauren Lash- i love the new sig

Me, too :wub:

cutenurse24 March 29th, 2013 08:23 AM

It is very beautiful

LadyCoconut March 29th, 2013 09:16 AM

Great job, Jen!

*JenJen* March 29th, 2013 09:41 AM

thanks Shan. I was so lucky to get to create a sig for Lauren and Ree <3

kayakr March 29th, 2013 09:48 AM

Wow Jen you did that siggy for her? Good job!

Lash March 29th, 2013 11:16 AM

I REALLY hesitated to do one because I know it's so controversial on JM. I've been here for 7 years and I've read enough threads in all of those years to know that a large consensus of posters really hate stillbirth siggies and don't want to see them.

So while I'm obviously beyond proud to be her mother, I don't ever want Ree's picture or memory to be tainted or be something that someone doesn't want to see. You can imagine it's really hard to know that your daughter's face might traumatize someone or make them uncomfortable. That's heartbreaking.

I also really have to give Jen huge props because I sent her multiple pictures and she had to view some content that was really hard to see before she edited and worked on them. I hate that as well, that I even have to warn people before they look at her. She saw pictures I haven't made public or shown to anyone outside of family.

kayakr March 29th, 2013 11:59 AM

I have to admit – in the past when I saw a siggy with a baby born sleeping, it made me uncomfortable. I don’t even know why. I suppose due to my own ignorance. In fact, now I know for sure that is why. I want to bust into tears admitting I was ever uncomfortable before. Rhiannon is different though I want to see her. I like that whenever I think of her I can see her easily on your sig.

I suppose that it’s because I know your story and because you have shared her with us is why it feels so right and I WANT to see her. I know I will view future siggy’s with sleeping babies different now. Lauren – you have already done what you’ve felt compelled to do and that is to change how we think and how others react and how Rhiannon and other baby’s born sleeping can have such a huge impact in a positive way. Don’t hesitate anymore to have her face where we all can see her. At some point someone will feel uncomfortable some place – but you can’t control that and nor should you have to. Our signatures and siggys are who we are and where we have been.

onlybygrace March 29th, 2013 02:37 PM

Well said Gretchen!

Lauren, I love your new siggie!

*Whiskey* March 29th, 2013 05:31 PM

I think it's a beautiful tribute.

*Leah* March 29th, 2013 07:53 PM

Ditto to everyone. Gretchen, I totally agree, I love seeing her beautiful face....

smsturner March 29th, 2013 08:04 PM

I love it.
Great job Jen! :)

Raunchero March 29th, 2013 08:13 PM

I love it as well. I think it's very beautiful. No reason that you shouldnt be a proud mom.

Lucy S. March 29th, 2013 09:15 PM

Wow I had no idea Jen!! Great work!!

Lauren I did think of that.. I saw one thread saying something on a DDC about our last CCFCP troll's siggy, but honestly? The post came off as narcissistic and so self-centered. It made my stomach turn to see those words and another reason i was glad I had to leave that DDC. Everyone should have a right to put their baby's picture in their sig. If people don't like it, the web gods have made it possible to turn off all siggys or block someone so you won't see their sig. No need to be a drama queen about it and hurts moms that have been thru enough.
Sorry... It made me angry for mamas like you and this was before Rae.

*Melissa* March 30th, 2013 08:25 AM

I don't know why, but it doesn't make me uncomfortable at all. I have had a few friends that have been through still births. I looked at their pics as well. It honestly never made me uncomfortable, or disturbed. It ached my heart, yes. But sleeping babies are still just as beautiful and perfect.
I love the siggy.

MindyRambo April 3rd, 2013 04:56 AM

It is beautiful... I've seen those threads too Lauren, and I'm really glad you decided to have the siggy made. It's a way to remember, and to keep people talking about beautiful Rhiannon.

MandyEllen April 3rd, 2013 11:39 AM

I think it's wonderfully beautiful! Jen: You did a perfect job on it!

Lauren: Rhiannon's face looks perfect to me. She is so pretty. Your signature shows the love of parents as unconditional and forever no matter what & that's a beautiful thing. I really do admire your strength and thank you for sharing your entire story & emotions so openly.