JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   MA starts next cycle.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2639229-ma-starts-next-cycle.html)

Gamer_Princess March 31st, 2013 03:36 AM

MA starts next cycle..

My first RE cycle starts next month and I am starting out with a naturally monitored cycle with ultrasounds set for CD 9, 11, and 13. This is because RE wants to see how my cycle progresses without meds... Last cycle I had a surprise ultrasound due to some cervical discomfort and it showed my lining to be pretty thick and I had 2 follies that were matured with one trying to mature... I did take SI last cycle...
My main question is when it comes to "unexplained" infertility, how agressive was/is your RE? The two mature follies without any help freaked me out a bit but maybe it is normal? I want to go in with a sense of knowledge so he knows that we are very serious about getting pregnant and we do not want the run around just because our insurance pays 100% for "diagnostic" treatments with TI...kwim?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge about MA but could use some insight as to how your cycles progressed each month...

JulieMc March 31st, 2013 06:09 AM

Re: MA starts next cycle..

From my experience, they seemed a bit laid back because I am on the younger side of patients that they see and because I've had two children before. I am now 30, apparently a large majority of their patients are later 30s. So they were confident that I'd eventually get pregnant. That didn't cut it for me for too long though, and I eventually had to nudge them in the direction of being more aggressive....otherwise I'd still be on the watch and wait protocol. So, my advice is, if you're not happy with the direction of your treatment at any time, speak up....if your doc is good they'll listen to you and you'll work out a new plan of action together. :) My RE has been very responsive to my suggestions.

Onelove121 March 31st, 2013 01:33 PM

Just wanted to say good luck!

cutenurse24 March 31st, 2013 03:12 PM

I just wanted to say good luck!!! I am so excited for you!!!

Gamer_Princess March 31st, 2013 05:16 PM

Thanks girls :) Getting excited and nervous all at the same time...

starlitnite611 March 31st, 2013 05:17 PM

Good luck!!!

Lucy S. March 31st, 2013 07:42 PM

So through the 3x I have done it, they have been as aggressive as I wanted them to be. And I am aggressive! I would tell the RE you basically did a monitored natural cycle already so skip it and get that ball rolling :D
I am wondering if it's a CM issue maybe?
I ovulate pretty easily and my natural cycle showed 2 mature also. I overreacted to 100mg clomid (canceled that cycle-7 mature) but not as much with Femara. I defiantly recommend Femara tho by far. Between the lining and CM issues I don;t think clomid is worth it.
Good luck sweetie pie! So excited for you!!!!

Gamer_Princess April 1st, 2013 12:50 AM

I def want to be as aggressive as possible ;)

We did a post coital test a little over a year ago and everything was fine. I think DH's swimmers need to recalcuate their GPS :p

smsturner April 1st, 2013 05:42 AM

Oh so close now!! Good luck to you honey!! I hope it goes smoothly and you are pregnant in no time!! :)

kayakr April 1st, 2013 06:06 AM

They will be aggressive as you want. Some like to jump right in to IVF. Depending on your age and diagnosis that would be silly to do. I am older so my treatments where aggressive at first but not to expensive because we knew we needed IVF/ICSI/Egg donor. We didn't want to spend months and months spending 2,000 a month when we needed to put that money towards IVF.
If you do end up going to IVF (I hope you don't) it's a good idea to have all tests done and over with specially since your insurance will pay for the diagnostic part.
I feel like it is fair to monitor you for a month not medicated while checking you blood work, SA and HSG –then if all looks good start some mild meds with IUI or timed intercourse. Remember every cycle even if a BFN is a learning cycle for your RE. They gather more and more information about you and DH each time to help you finally achieve your BFP and take home baby.

Lucy S. April 1st, 2013 04:54 PM

GPS LOL! My DH too!!! They swim in circles :giggle: