JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Injectables question.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2644285-injectables-question.html)

LucyAnna April 18th, 2013 02:46 PM

Injectables question....

It's been almost 3.5 years since the last time I did injectabled and these little details I just can't recall and I'm hoping y'all can help me out!!!!

So I started my period yesterday afternoon. I called my RE first thing this morning. They finally call me back and tell me to come in tomorrow morning. So I'll be on cd 3- is that normal for starting injectables on cd 3??? Plus, I still haven't heard from the pharmacy (it's based in Cali I believe so I know it's still early there) so I'm wondering when I'll even get the medicines?? I do think my RE gave me a few to get me through til mine arrived...but I just can't remember these details.

I'm sorta stressing thinking time is ticking away! Please help!!!!

*JenJen* April 18th, 2013 03:46 PM

Re: Injectables question....

starting meds on CD3 is very normal. They'll make sure your ovaries are ready to go at the appt, and then start meds. most pharmacies can overnight meds so you should be fine.

kayakr April 18th, 2013 04:26 PM

Yes CD3 is normal. I started my injectables on CD5 all the time. Not sure why. You'll get your meds fast don't worry. I had my meds in one for IVF and when I did injectables the RE had them in stock at his office.

slindsay12 April 18th, 2013 04:45 PM

Yea sounds normal. I usually have my baseline ultrasound on cd2, and if everything looks good they ordered my meds from freedom fertility pharmacy and I start them cd3. Good luck this cycle!

LucyAnna April 18th, 2013 06:21 PM

oh THANK YOU ladies! i just couldnt remember what we did and i was just nervous!
now my 4ww starts! lol!

*Leah* April 18th, 2013 08:48 PM

Good luck!

L-SBB April 19th, 2013 06:09 AM

with both rounds of injectibles I did (follistim & menopur) I started on CD3...had the same worry about how they'd get the meds to me so fast, but they used two different pharmacies who overnight expressed them to me. Good luck to you this cycle!!! What meds will you be taking?

LucyAnna April 19th, 2013 05:29 PM

I'm doing Menopur. I was able to purchase today's from the dr office and the pharmacy is overnighting medicines today to have for tomorrow.
My only issue I had, was once we got ready to mix it we realized that weren't given the specifics of how much of the liquid to mix with the menopur...we totally winged it...but I called the RE and they do have Saturday office hours so I'm hoping they do return my call!
And thanks for the well wishes!!!