JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Our Next Steps (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2644330-our-next-steps.html)

starlitnite611 April 18th, 2013 06:06 PM

Our Next Steps

Ladies,

This past few weeks of board stalking has just been inspirational. I am so happy for each of your :bfp: . Thank you so much for allowing me to be a fly on the wall of your journey.

I was hoping that y'all would be up for answering a few questions. DH and I had a chat tonigt. I truly thought in my heart that clomid was going to be the answer. DH is of the opinion that nothing furter is needed as we are just waiting to poas. However, I feel as though af is coming. Any who ... I detoured. I figured better safe than sorry. We scheduled our very first RE appointment, it's May 9th! Also, it will be the first SA day.

My question to each of you is.... knowing what you know now .. what would you have asked? or what treatment would you have pushed for?? I am truly appreciative for any and all information. I am just trying to get a game plan and scheule some over time.

I know that it is still a good bit away, but as an EMS family.. we must work th over time now to pay for the doctor visit and treatments in May.

Thank you all,
Karen

Lucy S. April 18th, 2013 08:48 PM

Re: Our Next Steps

Were you monitored during your clomid cycle? If so how was your lining?
And DH has never had an SA in the past?

*Leah* April 18th, 2013 08:52 PM

It really depends on the S/A....if it's normal, then IUI is the next appropriate step. Forgive me, I can't remember....do you ovulate on the clomid? They should check you at 7dpo to make sure you are having a good O, otherwise, they should suggest injectibles or femara....if both of you come back OK, I'm sure they'll suggest IUI...if the s/a comes back on the low side...they will probably suggest IVF.

It's really hard to say until that initial testing is done. I hope you don't need the RE appt...but if you do, good luck!

starlitnite611 April 19th, 2013 03:51 AM

I get positive opk with clomid. I haven't ever been monitored before, nor have we done any testing. When I went to my Ob, she wanted to send me straight to a RE but I bought us 3 months. And those are winding down.

I just want to be super prepared. Thank you ladies!!

smsturner April 19th, 2013 05:15 AM

My one suggestion based on my experiences: Don't wait. Go to your RE.

I'm glad you're doing the SA if you haven't had one. Have you had any other tests? Like the HSG?
(I'm sorry, I could have read that you did yesterday, and I just forget so easily!!)

kayakr April 19th, 2013 06:11 AM

Karen,
I base everything on age because I am old but not mature. lol If you are over 35 get to the RE and be aggressive within your comfort level. You don't know what that comfort level is yet, but you will learn it along the way.

First month at RE will be just lots of testing and monitoring and SA and such. Then you guys can get a plan together that you can live with.

starlitnite611 April 19th, 2013 08:24 AM

I am 32 & dh is 32. We haven't had any testing or monitoring. My OB said that it was pointless BC the RE would just redo it.

I am so stinking nervous, excited, scared... and then the practical side comes in and goes how much is this gonna cost?? I wish I could just say... do whatever it takes.. :/

Lucy S. April 19th, 2013 01:11 PM

Ya I think the next step is the one you are doing- seeing the RE and getting the tests done.
Basically doing clomid without monitoring doesn't mean clomid wont work for you necessarily. because we have no idea how you responded IMO it's as if you never did those cycles. Another downfall to not having monitoring or waiting to see an RE when doing fertility treatments.
You have a ton of options ahead of you! Try not to stress! Make sure they are clear on pricing so you know what you are getting into :)
Good luck!!!