JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Ovulation/IUI Question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2644606-ovulation-iui-question.html)

babymomma April 20th, 2013 06:33 AM

Ovulation/IUI Question

I have been off the boards for a year but I am back and actively ttc again. DH and I have been ttc now for 4 years. Today I am currently 1dpiui and have some questions. I will give a quick run down of how iui went this month. I took femara cd3-7, went for mid cycle ultrasound on cd13 and had a 23 and 18 follicle, triggered at the office and went and had iui next morning (yesterday) Count was fairly low only 7.8 million post wash but doc said that was fine, dh and I did bd last night to help a little more. Well...my question is...every month I experience ovulation pain and bb's get sore right after, this month I didn't experience any of that until 5 am this morning and that is 20 hours after my iui. I am so worried that my egg wasn't there waiting for dh sperm and that by time my egg was there, they all died off. Has anyone ever experience ovulation the day after iui. Does it necessarily mean that I ovulate when I experience the pain? Any words of hope or encouragement would be great!

*Leah* April 20th, 2013 07:21 AM

Re: Ovulation/IUI Question

The pain can be before, during or after ovulation, so while it is a good indicator that you DID ovulate, it isn't a good indicator of when you ovulated. Washed IUI spermies can live up to 36 hours, so I think you are great. And you bd that night too....

Best of luck to you!! I hope the IUI does the trick!

*Whiskey* April 20th, 2013 09:31 AM

:ditto: what Leah said. I think you'll be just fine. Good luck!!

smsturner April 20th, 2013 10:03 AM

Good luck!!

cutenurse24 April 20th, 2013 02:24 PM

From what I have read, I agree with what Leah wrote. Fingers crossed for you!!! Hoping that this is your cycle and you get your bfp!!!

kayakr April 20th, 2013 02:43 PM

Actually you want the sperm there before the egg. Sperm can live up to 5 days in you but your egg only lasts for (I think) 12-24 hours. I think your timing is perfect!

Good luck

babymomma April 20th, 2013 06:51 PM

Thanks ladies. I was actually told that washed sperm (once placed in the uterine cavity) will only survive for 12-36 hours. I am not giving up hope though because we did bd the night of iui and the morning after iui..even though it was slightly painful and I started spotting afterwards. Only for a short amount of time and I am pretty sure it was ovulation spotting. Maybe this means I had a very strong ovulation because it was quite painful.

Lucy S. April 20th, 2013 07:17 PM

It's so hard to tell when you O sometimes esp when you have a couple follicles! AND they could release at different times- so one could go early and the other a bit later. You also BDs after so i think you are good :)

How many hours after the HCG does your clinic do IUIs?

babymomma April 21st, 2013 06:25 AM

We did iui 24 hours after trigger this time. I went in on Thursday at 10am and had two ready follicles so they asked if I wanted to trigger then and come in the next morning at 10am (24 hours after trigger) or if I wanted to trigger that night and come in Saturday morning (36 hours after trigger) I have no patience at all when it comes to ttc so I wanted to do it as soon as possible. Next time I think I will opt for 36 hours after. If there is a next time ;)

Lucy S. April 21st, 2013 03:06 PM

Ya i think you should be fine. I got pg after an IUI 24hr after trigger ;)
They say 36 hr is better so we switched to that... no luck so far.

Good luck!

babymomma April 22nd, 2013 05:44 AM

I called RE and they are going to send a lab oder so I can have my progesterone checked on Friday which will be cd21. I hate the 2ww...I over analyze everything and my mind thinks all kinds of crazy things. I wish I could just not think about it until its time to test :/