JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Next Appt. With RE (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2646213-next-appt-re.html)

melissaleigh April 26th, 2013 11:06 AM

Next Appt. With RE

My RE's nurse called today and my RE wants to see me on Monday afternoon - EEEKKKK

I have been thinking of so many questions I wanted and needed to ask him since my ectopic pregnancy was discovered and now that it's time to sit down and make a list I can't think of any of them. I haven't seen or talked to my RE since my transfer so we have a lot to catch up on. They have offices all over the city so when something major is happening, Transfers or decisions that need to be made I travel to see my RE at his office but because it is so far from my work and home for blood work, ultrasounds and basic monitoring I go to the office close to my work. That is where the EP was discovered and since it needed to be handled right away the RE for that office did my surgery and has been handling all my post op appointments as well. He said that once I'm healed up @ 3 more weeks he'll release me back to my RE. BUT now I'm wondering that since THIS RE did my surgery and knows all the intimate details of my EP maybe he should be my RE???? If and when I do another transfer I'm just thinking that maybe this guy should be the one to do it just because he knows everything and handled everything with the EP. They work for the same office just in different locations. Any thoughts on this? What would you do? Stick with the original RE or maybe have a discussion about switching?

smsturner April 26th, 2013 11:14 AM

Re: Next Appt. With RE

I'm not sure. That's a hard decision.
I do really wish you luck though. And I REALLY hope dh is better more understand of all you've been through!!

Hope whichever RE you see is awesome!

kayakr April 26th, 2013 11:20 AM

Well this RE is closer AND he did your surgery and it seems like you trust him now cause he took good care of you. I would probably want to switch. Do you love the other RE that did your transfer?

melissaleigh April 26th, 2013 12:32 PM

He has been great to me. There is nothing I don't like about him.....I'm just thinking that since this new guy was all up in my business (literally) he might have more knowledge of what's going on in there.........waahhhh.......I don't know......I hate making such big decisions

kayakr April 26th, 2013 12:34 PM

Boy - that is a hard one. You may have to go with your gut on this one.

Frozenoj April 26th, 2013 12:40 PM

I'm not sure going to the same guy who did your ep surgery would make much of a difference. A lot of people end up getting on call emergency room doctor to do that. It sounds like you like and trust that RE though and I think that's good enough reason to switch.

Sunrise April 26th, 2013 01:39 PM

I agree with "go with your gut". Pick the one that made you feel most comfortable.

swtneka April 26th, 2013 03:37 PM

I 2nd going with your gut

Lindz253 April 26th, 2013 05:35 PM

Maybe talk to this RE and get his feel for what he thinks about you switching. Or maybe while you are talking to him you will get a feeling that you just want to stay with him? Good luck with making that decision and again I'm so sorry things turned out this way for you. Praying your next bean is super sticky for you!

Lucy S. April 27th, 2013 10:37 PM

I would go with who listened to me best and gave me the best vibe :)
I am glad you have choices!! I hear so often people not liking their RE!

cutenurse24 April 29th, 2013 06:41 AM

I say go with your gut. Can't wait to hear an update from your appt today.

Luvgreen19 April 29th, 2013 07:07 AM

If this new RE is just as good as the first and is closer I'd personally stick with that one. For me this process is stressful enough as is- I hate that all the commuting adds so much extra stress on top of it.