JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Experience with CBEFM? My Peak reading comes after FF indicates ovulation (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2647950-experience-cbefm-my-peak-reading-comes-after-ff-indicates-ovulation.html)

Lash May 3rd, 2013 09:25 AM

Experience with CBEFM? My Peak reading comes after FF indicates ovulation

So my peak reading hit for day 16, but if I have one more high temp tomorrow, FF will nail my ovulation on day 15. :confused:

Any input? I'm guessing maybe because you only test with FMU that you can still surge and ovulate later that day and then the next morning when you test again with FMU, it's picking up on the end of the surge and reading as peak? Which wouldn't be as confusing if I hadn't gotten ANOTHER peak reading the next morning, which would be 2 days after FF says I've ovulated!

I frustratingly ran out of the basic LH strips a few days ago and decided not to buy anymore unless I need them for the next cycle and now I wish I had them to compare to my temps and CBEFM. It's my first time ever using the monitor.

*Leah* May 3rd, 2013 10:03 AM

Re: Experience with CBEFM? My Peak reading comes after FF indicates ovulation

The monitor tests LH and Estrogen, so I tend to think it's more accurate than temping...so I'd go with what it is saying, but you are right, it could be detecting the end of your surge as well. Sometimes I'd get 2 days of peaks and sometimes only 1 day.

What setting is FF on for your ovulation detector? Is it set to just read your opks/monitor or the advanced detector? I'm surprised it's not taking your Peak into account with the monitor. Play around with the settings and see if it changes anything for you?

GOOD LUCK CATCHING THAT EGGIE!!!!!! Everything crossed for you!

Has anything else contributed to your temp rise? is it warmer out? sleeping with a blanket etc?

Lash May 3rd, 2013 10:35 AM

It's freezing here and my temps have been super super erratic compared to my pre-pregnancy charts, so I can only chalk my temps up to crazy hormones, as well as delayed ovulation.

I'm going to go check the settings on FF

It's on advanced. However, they have a new setting that I've never seen before, Research? It's only for VIP and I have VIP

It looks like no matter what temp I put in, it's going to set my ovulation on Day 15, but I had a Peak reading that day and still on the next, so I'm interested to see what today's reading says. I didn't set it until the afternoon on the first day so I can't test until the afternoon

Lash May 3rd, 2013 12:30 PM

My reading today is high, and if you dont' know the levels, it's low, high and peak. So High means that my hormones are starting to wane and I did at least attempt to ovulate

kayakr May 3rd, 2013 12:45 PM

I have never used CBEFM only the OPK. I also could never get a good BBT day to day so I gave up on BBT. I am of no help in this situation. :(

I hope you can catch that eggie though!

Lucy S. May 3rd, 2013 12:47 PM

I wish I knew!
But I hope you O and its a strong one (hug)

Sunrise May 3rd, 2013 01:43 PM

I'm no help either. But wanted to wish you luck to catch the egg :yellowcheer:

fromustobaby May 4th, 2013 06:36 PM

From what I understand the CBEFM takes a few months to "get to know you" and becomes more accurate over the course of a few months of using it...based on your temperatures, it definitely seems like you Oed...you may have Oed on CD 16? Coould you ask your RE to do a progesterone check at 7DPO just so that you would have an idea of if you actually Oed or not?
either way, your timing was perfect!

*Leah* May 5th, 2013 04:17 AM

YAY for Oing!!! And yes, now that fromustobaby mentions it, it does get to know you better in the coming months. But I hope you don't need coming months :)

*Whiskey* May 5th, 2013 07:58 AM

Is a CBEFM worth it? I've noticed the last few months BBT has been all over the place for me. I've got the point where I just want to wait til we get to IVF next year.

Lash May 5th, 2013 08:10 AM

I think it is for me, especially since it checks for LH and estrogen. I was having multiple "surges" with my LH strips only and on this I get a very clear 2 days of Peak reading when my LH surges were harder to interpret. The machine was able to detect my REAL surge and that was so much nicer to have