JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Do you do back to back assisted cycles? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2652955-do-you-do-back-to-back-assisted-cycles.html)

nikki52687 May 23rd, 2013 12:43 PM

Do you do back to back assisted cycles?

Or do you skip a cycle between each? I have heard it is better to skip a cycle, and I have in the past, because we couldn't afford to do back to back cycles. But when I skip a cycle, it isn't 28 days, it is 75-100 days. So, this time, we could go right into another one, I thought about skipping, but since my cycles are so long unmedicated, I just couldnt bring myself to do it. But now, of course, I am second guessing myself, "what if I dont respond? What if it gets cancelled?' and on and on. I have a friend who has done several medicated cycles and she said that if she doesnt skip a cycle, she doesnt respond well at all. So, with that on my mind, I am kicking myself :confused: Lord help me, this stuff will make me go crazy yet!! LOL!

kayakr May 23rd, 2013 01:06 PM

Re: Do you do back to back assisted cycles?

I only skipped when I needed a mental break or we had no money (which was often). My age was a big factor though on why I was pushy.

nikki52687 May 23rd, 2013 01:10 PM

Did you notice a difference in your response?

Lash May 23rd, 2013 01:20 PM

For me it feels like the specific approach determines if I skip- for clomid cycles I didnt but for inject cycles I would

kayakr May 23rd, 2013 01:27 PM

No my response was always good even just on clomid. Still had all BFN though.

MandyEllen May 23rd, 2013 02:02 PM

For IUIs, I kept trucking along. IVFs required me to skip. My response wasn't ever fabulous...my best response was during my 3rd IVF cycle where I got 17 eggs. I had cycled in May and then got the 17 in Aug. So it was a few months in between. Seems that it was just a lucky fluke though.

LucyAnna May 23rd, 2013 02:46 PM

We did 3 back to back cycles with dd. this go-round we are back to back these first 2. And I plan to do another if we don't get a bfp this cycle. Not sure how we will proceed if a 4th cycle is needed.

loveneverfails May 23rd, 2013 03:57 PM

I never skipped. We jumped right to IVF after clomid due to severe MFI. My first IVF sucked. I only had 5 mature eggs out of 14 eggs total and only one made it to a so-so blast. The day I got the failed beta for that IVF was the very day I started BCP for the 2nd. I would have been due April 17th if the 1st had worked but I am now due June 26th. Exactly 10 weeks in between. The 2nd cycle was MUCH MUCH better for me. I had 16 mature eggs, 14 fert, and 3 awesome blasts, 1 good one and the rest were between so-so blast and early blasts with 2 that didn't make it.

For some reason it really worked out in my favor to do back to back. The doctors were not expecting me to have an egg maturity issue because my levels looked great.

I think it really depends on the situation and ya never know without doing it.

cassthomas852 May 23rd, 2013 05:48 PM

We did back to back cycles on clomid, for almost a year. I always had a good response on clomid. i had a better response with it when i was on prednisone for a few months due to asthma issues. Then did IVF in Feb and FET in May.

Lucy S. May 23rd, 2013 11:59 PM

clomid/femara IUIs for us and I have always done back to back with DS1, DS2 and this time around. We did break with #1 and this one when I got a cysts.
I didn't notice less response.
i think if you can take a break, it's probably better for you physically. But I am a wreck when TTCMA so i just keep truckin'. I am hoping I can jump from IUI to IVF process quickly.

ETA: when I did inject. with #2 I didn't break inbetween and did 4 or 5 cycles.