JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Looks like our TTC journey is over (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2663895-looks-like-our-ttc-journey-over.html)

*Whiskey* July 6th, 2013 10:15 AM

Looks like our TTC journey is over

Had a thorough ultrasound done last week and now have to go for a STAT MRI next week. There are 8 or 9 large fibroids in my uterus. With my history of uterine cancer, the nurse from my clinic (my primary doctor no longer works there) said that the doctor reviewing my results recommends a hysterectomy so I'm having the MRI to confirm the results.

So with that being said the decision is out of our hands it seems. I have done a lot of crying these past few hours. I will be leaving the board, I appreciate the support to this point and I will keep y'all in my prayers.

Impatientlywaiting July 6th, 2013 10:28 AM

Oh I'm so sorry you're going through that. I don't know you personally but anyone TTCMA has to be a wonderful person with a big heart and lots of love to give. I'll never understand why ****** things happen to good people. Praying for you!

*JenJen* July 6th, 2013 10:28 AM

Re: Looks like our TTC journey is over

oh Jen :( I'm so sorry. If you'd like to keep in touch via facebook, please PM me and I will give you my info. I will miss seeing you around and wish you the best of luck with everything

Lash July 6th, 2013 10:34 AM

Whiskey have they determine they are cancerous? Lots and lots of women have fibroids that are never cancerous and you can simply do a fibroid removal. I've had multiple removed and a huge majority are almost never cancerous

On the other hand I grew up with a mother with cancer and have always said that if I ever found that I tested for the genes for something like breast-cancer or ovarian or uterine cancer, everything would be coming out as fast as possible!

How much removal are they going to do? Are they going to do an entirely full removal of all reproductive organs? Are they open to taking out some eggs and freezing eggs in case you decide you want to use them down the road with a Gestational carrier? Lots of clinics will bank your eggs for free if you're looking at removal for cancer possibilities. You may not think that you would want them now but once they are gone sometimes those feelings change. Even if you never use them with a GC at all, having them on ice might make you feel better in general just so you still have options. There isn't much about that can happen just from having more options.

starlitnite611 July 6th, 2013 11:02 AM

Whiskey... I am so sorry *hugs*

*Whiskey* July 6th, 2013 11:33 AM

Lash - according to the nurse they do not think they are cancerous at this time but when I was 19 I had a small malignant tumor removed and that's why the doctor suggested the hysterectomy. I do not want my ovaries removed. I don't see a doctor until after the MRI, but I will do my best to keep them.

I had not considered freezing eggs but thank you for mentioning it. DH and I will talk about a GC. I'm so heartbroken right now and I really don't know enough about tht process I think in a few days I will put my big girl panties on and start researching it.

Lash July 6th, 2013 11:38 AM

Girl, take at least a week and 3 gallons of ice cream and don't even process being a big girl!

Do you know how fast I tried to be "Strong and Adult and DOING GRIEF THE RIGHT WAY"? Do you know how miserably you fail when you try that? It's ok to take a few days to just wail and be mad and then do it all over again in a few weeks or few months. It's grief and it's a loss no matter how you word it. I only mention it now so you don't have to think of any of it on your own. I'll even look up some clinics in your area if you want and see who offers free egg banking

My mom kept her ovaries but they didn't continue working. They hoped that they would keep producing estrogen and they could just take the uterus but they just stopped anyways, so I would definitely look into egg banking before just in case

*JenJen* July 6th, 2013 11:43 AM

I ditto Lauren- take the time to wallow and eat ice cream and sulk. It's allowed and totally should be an official part of the steps of grief.

After the MRI when you have a few more answers, then you can start to really think and decide. Let us know if we can do ANYTHING to help, researching, sending you silly pics, whatever. We love you.

loveneverfails July 6th, 2013 12:27 PM

I'm so so sorry. I'm heartbroken for you :( I have no other words besides HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGS!

Onelove121 July 6th, 2013 12:55 PM

I am so sorry sweetie!!!! Great advice from the other ladies. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers love ♥♥♥

*Leah* July 6th, 2013 01:02 PM

You have been on my mind lately and I was going to start a post asking how you were....I hadn't seen you around lately. I wholehearted agree with Lash...take some time to process this before you decide anything.

I am frustrated for you regarding this diagnosis. I / We are all here for you. Msg me if you need to chat...anytime. ((HUGS))

Please do not leave this board right now. You need us and we are here for you...

melissaleigh July 6th, 2013 02:02 PM

So sorry to read this. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Please take all the time you need and know that we are here for you. Please don't leave the board. I would like to know how you are doing and have enjoyed getting to know you on this board as well as valued all of your advice and opinions on things. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

smsturner July 6th, 2013 02:47 PM

I wish I had words, but I can't find any. I'm crying with you, and I wish I could find the right thing to say to help you.

Jen's right, we all do love you, and we are here for you, and hope that you will pop by when you feel like you can.

Lucy S. July 6th, 2013 03:47 PM

I just replied to your email before I saw this and now I feel like a jerk!
I am emailing you... :wub:

ChiChica July 6th, 2013 05:15 PM

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. Life can just be so unfair. We're all thinking of you. And don't worry about being strong. However you feel and however you react is exactly the right way. ((hugs))

BabyBirdies July 6th, 2013 06:32 PM

:hug: :hug: :hug: Thinking of you.

MandyEllen July 6th, 2013 08:21 PM

HUGS!! I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this.

JessicaW July 7th, 2013 02:12 AM

I am so sorry to read this. Maybe get a second opinion before doing anything drastic? Can they biopsy the fibroids before a hysterectomy? I don't know if any of this is helpful, just throwing out ideas. The other ladies have offered a lot of good advice. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. It is just the most unfair turn.

KMH July 7th, 2013 06:55 AM

Sending you huge hugs...I am so sorry that you were given such awful news. Lauren had great advice; we are all here for you with whatever you need whenever you need it. :bighug:

Hope2Be13 July 7th, 2013 10:08 AM

I'm new to the board and haven't met you, but I wanted you to know I'm so very sorry and my thoughts and prayers are with you!