JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   How long to TTCMA (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2668737-how-long-to-ttcma.html)

Nicholle ttc July 29th, 2013 12:12 PM

How long to TTCMA

Hi ladies,

DH and I have been trying for almost 2 years now. So far we have tried regular ttcing, medicated cycles, IUI's (on our second one this cycle), and IVF. I've also had the lap sx for endo in May. The next step after IUI is FET, likely in October. If we fail FET, we will likely do another full IVF in 2014. Has anyone else experienced multiple failed MA cycles (we have unexplained infertility)? If so, when did you decide you were done with MA and moved onto adoption (I know this is a personal decision, just wanted to get other's perspective)? I would ask this question in the adoption forum, but there never seems to be anyone in there.

Thanks in advance for your replies and support. :)

Impatientlywaiting July 29th, 2013 12:19 PM

No help as far as the adoption thing goes but I wondered if they found endo when you had your lap done? I was ttc for 2 1/2 yrs, had a lap in late Feb and finally got my first BFP with my first medicTed cycle/ IUI a few weeks ago
Good luck!!

Nicholle ttc July 29th, 2013 12:54 PM

Re: How long to TTCMA

Thanks! Yes, they found endo, stage 1. I did a medicated cycle last cycle and nothing and I'll be doing an IUI this cycle. Hopefully this or FET will work, but everything else has failed, so I'm not very hopeful. Thank you for the response! :)

*JenJen* July 29th, 2013 12:58 PM

I've been doing MA off and on since December 2007. We aren't ready to move on to adoption yet, part of that just being our lifestyle. We're interested in adopting, but don't want to do the process while we are military and my husband is gone frequently and for long times. We've said we'll seriously consider it when he is eligible to retire in a few years and start in the civilian world. So far my desire to experience pregnancy and delivery of my baby has not been overruled by the desire to just have a family in any way.

Nicholle ttc July 29th, 2013 01:08 PM

Thanks Jen. I still dream of having a biological baby, but trying month after month and nothing is heartbreaking, especially after trying everything and never becoming pregnant. More than anything I want to have a family, so I think we will look into the adoption process next year during/or after full IVF. Thanks again for your input/feedback. :)

kayakr July 30th, 2013 08:34 AM

I was not oppsed to adoption however becuase of my age, 43, I felt it would be difficult to be "picked" by someone. I felt like adoption has it's own set of heartbreaks and waiting that I wasn't willing to subject myself too. With TTCMA I felt like having a child was more in my hands then waiting on someone to pick us while going through a book of peole that want kids. Both avenues have heartbreak and I was used the the TTCMA heartbreak and just wasn't sure if I could adjust to a new kind of heartbreak. If I would have been younger I wouldn't have hesitated to adopt but since DH wasn't ready to start trying for babies until I was 40 adoption just felt difficult to me. DH wanted to try for his bio kids first before he would entertain the thought of adoption. Thankfully our first and only attempt at DE/IVF worked for us.
Wishing you all the best!