JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   2nd Round Clomid (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2669143-2nd-round-clomid.html)

CarolinaLife July 31st, 2013 06:32 AM

2nd Round Clomid

Hi ladies,

I figured I would introduce myself a little in here. I am currently on my second round of clomid. I had not been ovulating since I stopped taking birth control in October 2012. Last cycle, I actually ovulated, and had a period. That was certainly a step in the right direction! Now, my dr upped my dosage to 100mg of Clomid.

Now, I am waiting to ovulate on this cycle. I think I may be gearing up to ovulate ( honestly, I thought my temp would have risen today but it didn't :( ) I felt twinges yesterday on the right, have had breast sensitivity since yesterday, and now today I feel a little dull pain on the left side? Our bodies can be so weird!

Today, is cd 17.Have any of you ladies had late ovulation even with clomid? Last cycle, I ovulated on cd20. I am really hoping I ovulate before then. DH just found out yesterday he us going to be training Friday-Tuesday.... So our last chance to TRY is Thursday.

*JenJen* July 31st, 2013 08:27 AM

Re: 2nd Round Clomid

Welcome and good luck. I ovulated quite late on my last few clomid cycles- CD17-19. It's very normal to ovulate later than CD14 even on clomid. Hopefully you will O Thursday or Friday so you guys can really try this cycle. Is your doctor doing any monitoring with the cycle at all?

CarolinaLife July 31st, 2013 10:57 AM

I really hope I ovulate in the next couple days. I did an OPK this am, and it was pretty close to positive if it isn't already ( I'm not the best at reading them). I'll test again when I get off work this evening.

My dr isn't monitoring this cycle. She had run every bloodwork test under the sun before starting me on provera/ clomid last cycle. Nothing showed up abnormal hormonally, my body has just struggled to cycle after being on bc. Last cycle she was so excited because I started on my own without provera. She thinks I just needed a little boost, and wants to see how this cycle goes before intervening any more.

Onelove121 July 31st, 2013 11:19 AM

Just wanted to say good luck! !!!

EricsMom July 31st, 2013 12:23 PM

Hey, there!

The two cycles I O'ed on Clomid were around CD21/22. I am completely annovulatory without medical intervention.

We are doing Femara this time round and I had 2 good follies on CD16 but as of today (CD24) have not O'ed yet so it's definitely possible (and common) to O later than the "textbook" CD14.

Good luck to you! Hoping you see your BFP really soon!

Lucy S. July 31st, 2013 02:44 PM

It's not unheard of to O later with clomid but without monitoring it's hard to tell whats going on... shot in the dark kinda thing. I believe they do like to see O sooner though in the cycle- better egg quality? By sooner I think before CD20 but I would do some research if I were you ;)
How has your CM been? Clomid can make it hostile but for some women it's fine and they can still use it to watch for O.

Good luck!! Hope you get to BD this cycle and it leads to a BFP!

CarolinaLife July 31st, 2013 06:15 PM

Thanks, ladies!

I have a feeling today or tomorrow is O day! Maybe wishful thinking as well! Haha I'm glad to know I'm not alone in a later O day. I was really upset last cycle that it wasn't until CD 20. Fingers crossed it is before then this time!

*JenJen* August 1st, 2013 07:30 AM

Fingers Crossed!

CarolinaLife August 1st, 2013 11:40 AM

Thanks ladies! My temp rose this am, so I felt pretty confident that I ovulated yesterday.... But then I got a super positive opk today.... ( Yesterday i got an borderlinebpositive in the am and then wasnt able to test that afternoon/ evening) So I guess I will wait and see what my temp does tomorrow.

Anyone else get a pos OPK on the same day as a temp rise?

*JenJen* August 1st, 2013 11:49 AM

your temp can start rising the day before O as hormones start to shift. Remember, you can't confirm O with temps without several days of sustained and obviously shifted temps.