JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   This article reminds me of our grads here (preg mentioned in article) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2677002-article-reminds-me-our-grads-here-preg-mentioned-article.html)

Lucy S. September 6th, 2013 02:13 AM

This article reminds me of our grads here (preg mentioned in article)

An Infertile Woman Stuck in Pregnant Woman
I remember feeling that way and it reminds me of our grads here.

ttb1105 September 6th, 2013 05:26 AM

Re: This article reminds me of our grads here (preg mentioned in article)

Wow! I think that I could have written this! Great blog and explanation of the feelings. Thank you for posting!

KMH September 6th, 2013 06:39 AM

Really great article!

There should also be a follow-up...Infertile Woman Stuck in a Mom's Body. People look at me now with my "herd" of children and just assume that I'm so fertile that a random passerby could get me pregnant. I often feel like wearing a t-shirt that proclaims how very much we wanted these children lest someone get the idea that we just "don't know how it happens." I don't want someone struggling with infertility to see me and go back to their car and cry...I want them to know that they could look like me in the very near future.

kayakr September 6th, 2013 06:43 AM

That is a good article and so very true. Thank you for sharing - helps me feel a little more normal for feeling the way I do.

Daisee37 September 6th, 2013 09:46 AM

Fantastic article, thanks for sharing! Describes me perfectly. Been too worried to ever get excited about this pregnancy... after infertility and 3 miscarriages, I definitely don't feel like I belong in the "pregnant woman" group--the group of ladies that happily plans for their take-home baby and doesn't spend every minute worrying that things will go horribly wrong at any given second. I feel like I end up having to fake excitement, just because that's what's expected. People see me pregnant now, with 2 kids, and just have NO idea what we've been through to get here.

*Whiskey* September 6th, 2013 09:49 AM

Great article! Melissa - I get that too. "How do you have fertility issues? You have three children!" I am blessed, I'm aware of that. But they were hard fought for.

Lucy S. September 6th, 2013 05:52 PM

Yes exactly!
I have spend so much of my adult life dealing with IF it becomes a part of who i am. And the scars never really heal. i think it was you Melissa who said a while back that you will always mourn not being able to just get pregnant like a 'normal' person.

ChiChica September 6th, 2013 11:48 PM

And ... tears. Great article, thanks for posting :smile:

MandyEllen September 7th, 2013 05:31 PM

100% understand this writer!

cutenurse24 September 9th, 2013 08:12 AM

Thanks for sharing!!! Great article!!!!