JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Sad/hopeful/angry (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2680319-sad-hopeful-angry.html)

Raunchero September 20th, 2013 03:41 PM

Sad/hopeful/angry

I really don't know how to feel right now... I had my ultrasound this morning to see when I would be ready for our IUI.

US showed the polyp... Bummer. NP said we will continue with the plan unless the RE decides to change anything. Well he did, in a big way. Lining was thin, only one follie and that pesky polyp showed. He decided to skip the cycle and get that thing removed my next cycle.
Totally a bummer. I thought that maybe this is my fertile time of the year being it was a year ago we got our BFP and ultimately lost my little angel. I had so much hope when the US tech didnt see it last week.

So there it is ladies, a bust. TI but hopes for the future.

I found this article and hope it maybe is explaining my "unexplained infertility"

"Uterine polyps can act like a natural intrauterine device (IUD), preventing a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterine wall. They can also block the area where the fallopian tube connects to the uterine cavity, preventing sperm from traveling into the tube to meet the egg. Similarly, they can block the canal of the cervix, which would prevent sperm from entering the uterus at all. Polyps may also play a role in miscarriage for some women.

In a study published in 2005 in the journal Human Reproduction, women undergoing artificial insemination after having their polyps removed became pregnant at about twice the rate of women who did not have their polyps removed. In fact, the women who had their polyps removed often became pregnant without artificial insemination."

Fx!

CarolinaLife September 20th, 2013 04:33 PM

Re: Sad/hopeful/angry

I'm so sorry that your cycle and next cycle were canceled. That must be so frustrating! Sending hugs your way for the diappointment, and good luck vibes that this next step makes all the dufference in hour TTC journey!
I hope that when they do remove the polyp, you are BFP the very next go!

Gamer_Princess September 20th, 2013 06:00 PM

I am so sorry :(

Lucy S. September 20th, 2013 10:27 PM

I am sorry hun!
But I am glad they are removing it! many times if you can see it on u/s (without saline u/s) it means it really should go ASAP.
And yes, it can impact your fertility! And ups m/c rates.
I have also read that just basically getting a d/c when it is removed is helpful!
And the procedure isn't that bad!

FX you heal quick and then get knocked up quick!!

Sunrise September 21st, 2013 08:33 PM

I'm so sorry about the polyp. When are you getting it removed exactly? How long after that would you TTC? Will you try TI or schedule your IUI?

Raunchero September 21st, 2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunrise (Post 27671320)
I'm so sorry about the polyp. When are you getting it removed exactly? How long after that would you TTC? Will you try TI or schedule your IUI?

RE suggests I wait till day 6 to do a saline sonogram and hopefully if schedules permit with my Obgyn we have it removed by cd 16. RE said we should be able to ttc the following cycle permitting there is no issues. I would like to do IUI to give us the best chances.

And Lucy, I have heard that your chance increases after d/c too.

Sunrise September 22nd, 2013 03:59 AM

Great. So we're counting down to cd 1. Ok- we have a plan!

ChiChica September 22nd, 2013 09:59 AM

Aww, that stinks. But I hope the polyp is the only thing that's been holding you back and you get pregnant as soon as they remov it!

Onelove121 September 22nd, 2013 11:46 AM

I am sorry hun and praying removing it is all you need for that BFP!!! ((HUGS))

kayakr September 23rd, 2013 05:58 AM

Sorry for the bad news however, that is good they found it. Getting that removed should surely help! I know it's disappointing when you have such high hopes for a cycle and it's a bust but remember- each failed cycle as long as something is learned it really isn't a bust! Get that little booger out of there so you can make room for your LO. :)

*Leah* September 23rd, 2013 06:29 AM

((hugs))... so frustrating to be switched midcycle like that :( but I think your next Iui cycle will be a success because of it!!! everything crossed for you!!!

melissaleigh September 23rd, 2013 07:04 AM

So sorry for the frustration all of this must be bringing. Others are right though - It's better in the end that it was found and is being taken care of now.