JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Positives of infertility (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2683501-positives-infertility.html)

Lash October 4th, 2013 10:32 AM

Positives of infertility

Obviously this is tongue-in-cheek and just meant for us all to get a fun laugh but I thought we might post "positive" things of this entire experience

Not having to buy condoms... Ever

From a blog: *Your dogs are your kids. You can dress them, talk baby talk to them, and have enough room for them to sleep in your bed.

*You can legally lock said "kids" in a cage.

plan4fate October 4th, 2013 11:08 AM

Re: Positives of infertility

You get a lot of practice with "being patient" before you even have a child to challenge it.

CarolinaLife October 4th, 2013 11:12 AM

In my case, periods are nonexistent (except when we are on meds!)

*Leah* October 4th, 2013 11:15 AM

HAHA...I found 2 condoms in my nightstand drawer that expired in 2008 LMAO!!!!

I have learned more about the human body, temping, charting, ewcm, opk's than I have ever thought possible...

I know what "line eye" is :)

I have a secret language of TTC acronyms - DH still things the "d" stands for something other than "dear"....

I have met all you lovely ladies...and more. Some of which I have now known for 6+ years and a few amazing ones I have gotten the chance to meet in real life.

Lastly, the biggest is, sometimes, when I share my knowledge, (be it a temping question, procedure, IUI or IVF questions) and I can answer that question for someone, or lend encouragement, it makes me feel at least I am able to help someone else out - because of my IF journey. It gives me a small reason/purpose of why I've gone through all of this.......

Great post Lash!!

GOOD one ASHLEY!!

Lash October 4th, 2013 11:21 AM

Every once in a while getting super excited when you start your period because you know it means you can finally cycle

Infertility: Cures needle phobia. I was finally able to get a tattoo after I did my first round of IVF

*JenJen* October 4th, 2013 12:36 PM

Cures needle phobia
Pap smears no longer seem like an ordeal
Your husband no longer bats an eye as to why you buy shot glass size dixie cups and store them on the back of the toilet
There are less people in the house to raid your PMS stash of junk food.

kayakr October 4th, 2013 12:53 PM

pap smear is a walk in the park

I can sympathize now with others in this situation where as before I really couldn't or didn't.

Lash October 4th, 2013 01:07 PM

I think if we really try, we could get off on pleas of insanity if we did murder anybody

*JenJen* October 4th, 2013 01:37 PM

yesssssssssssssssssss
I could so murder a few people today.

plan4fate October 4th, 2013 02:00 PM

My husband has a phobia of those little cups...

You're part way through a crash course in medical school by the time you are done, you could graduate with a degree in reproductive technology no problem.

kayakr October 4th, 2013 02:04 PM

My DH wants to know why they don't make the sides of those collection cups a little smoother! They are sharp on his pp.

Lucy S. October 4th, 2013 03:06 PM

Leah- use those condoms! I hear you get pregnant JUST LIKE THAT with expired condoms :p Because it's super easy to get pregnant right? :D

*Whiskey* October 4th, 2013 03:53 PM

Yeah! use them in the backseat of an old rusty car. lol!

KMH October 4th, 2013 04:02 PM

While you are drunk! LOL!

*Melissa* October 4th, 2013 06:15 PM

There is no more stress tied to our sex life!!!! Sex is purely for intimacy and enjoyment :)

This is a weird one, but I love getting to play doctor lol. Do the research, give injections and now DH is going to have to do my IM ones... Maybe I am a total weirdo, but I love it.

I also love how I get pampered from dh and other family members too :)

Raunchero October 5th, 2013 01:12 AM

Lash... You literally read my mind! I was thinking that we need smile post!! Or I was going to have to pull out the wooden ruler or soft cup post lol... Still nearly per my pants reading those.

I ALWAYS know what day it is! Schedule everything lol! Also, I am really having lots of fun doing things that will be more difficult when my baby comes ie, spur of the moment road trips, rock concerts, sleeping in with DH.

*Leah* October 5th, 2013 12:39 PM

HAHA - today is our 17th Anniversary, I will surely use the expired condoms (while just coming off the pill) and drunk in the back of the rusty car. Then I won't have to worry about this silly little IVF cycle, cause I'll be knocked up! YAY!!!

KMH October 5th, 2013 01:48 PM

Happy Anniversary, Leah!

*JenJen* October 5th, 2013 02:23 PM

Happy Anniversary Leah!

Lucy S. October 5th, 2013 11:24 PM

Yes Happy Anniversary!