JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   INVO Cell - for IVF (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2683715-invo-cell-for-ivf.html)

*Leah* October 5th, 2013 01:44 PM

INVO Cell - for IVF

INVO Bioscience - Infertility Treatment

Has anyone heard of this??? There is a girl on another IVF Board that is in a clinical trial for this and has only paid about 4k for everything for IVF...she currently has 10 eggies and sperm in the INVOcell and then after 5 days they take the cell out of her vagina and see how many embryos they have and then transfer some to her uterus.

So basically, the put them in the vagina vs a petri dish. No, they can't monitor them, but they have the perfect temp, etc for fertilization.

SOOOOO interesting, and I've never heard of it, so wanted to pass this along!

KMH October 5th, 2013 02:00 PM

Re: INVO Cell - for IVF

I'd love to hear what mojo-risin thinks about this :)

It sounds like a neat idea, but I don't really get how this makes IVF so much cheaper. It claims to "replace the IVF laboratory with this cell" but if they still have to do ICSI for some patients, still have to preserve the extra embies, still have to look at each one to determine if they are healthy, etc., don't you still have to have a lab? And an embryologist to do this stuff? And isn't it helpful to be able to watch the embies develop so you can find out why sometimes the process isn't successful? What am I missing?

And I giggled when they said that this makes IVF "less invasive." I'm going to walk around with a plastic cell in my hoo-hah for 5 days and they think that is "less invasive"?

Leah, are they doing the trials in the US, or is this overseas? It is awesome that it is already helping people create their families!

plan4fate October 5th, 2013 03:39 PM

In the video she kept saying that it could be done in an obgyn office..... I don't think I'd want an OB doing an egg retrieval.....

This could possibly open up opportunities for people who would have religious objections to it though. Since conception would occur within the body.

mojo-risin October 5th, 2013 09:18 PM

It seems like the only people this would even be a viable option for would be people who have religious objections to IVF. The pregnancy rate is abysmal. In a time where the top clinics have pregnancy rates pushing 80%+ with advanced procedures, this seems dated. Their study in fertility and sterility indicated day 3 transfers!? Again, we've moved past that. I also would not want a physician choosing the embryos for transfer. Especially not an OB. So much wrong with this...

*Leah* October 5th, 2013 09:42 PM

I totally agree that someone needing ICSI would not be able to use this....but I do agree w people that have the religious aspect.

And no...I wouldn't want an OB doing this either...I'll let you know how this girl does. I asked her where she is for the study...I'll let you know.

JennyLee October 6th, 2013 08:29 AM

I found this article Invo BioScience and Next Generation IVF - Forbes from 2010. They aren't using injectibles, so there's a lot of your cost reduction. And their statement that "INVO has comparable effectiveness to conventional IVF" is disingenuous at best. I suppose their might be a market for this, but not a very big one, IMO.

kayakr October 7th, 2013 08:20 AM

Very interesting.... However, like Mojo said - it seems like we are much past this now. This appears to be very early IVF ish and going backwards.

Is it because of the cost that makes it look appealing?