JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   My SIL (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2685800-my-sil.html)

Raunchero October 14th, 2013 04:23 PM

My brother and SIL have been best friends since 6th grade. So I literally have known her since u I was 5. Greatest friend in the world.

She has offered to be my surrogate if we want to go that route. She has checked with her insurance and they will pay for a lot. My brother said anything that isn't covered he will take care of. This was the most heartfelt gift anyone has offered.

If someone offered that, would you take it?

*Whiskey* October 14th, 2013 04:27 PM

Re: My SIL

We considered it. Hubby and I agreed that we would if it came to that.

KMH October 14th, 2013 04:46 PM

That is so awesome of your SIL!

JennyLee October 14th, 2013 05:29 PM

What an amazing offer! If I needed to go that route, I would love to have someone close to me do it.

Lash October 14th, 2013 05:30 PM

If it was covered, and I could afford the IVF route today, I absolutely would but in our case we typically will need donor eggs and surro

*JenJen* October 14th, 2013 05:47 PM

how sweet of them <3

I don't know. I really don't know. It used to be a resounding yes when it was my bff who offered but she had to have a hysterectomy last year and now..I'm not so sure. I don't know if there is anyone else I am comfortable with allowing to do that right now. I think it's amazing, but just not something I am able to accept personally at this point.

kayakr October 15th, 2013 07:03 AM

Oh Wow! What an awesome SIL and Brother! I would defiantly take them up on their offer it comes down to that. They wouldn't have offered if they didn't think they could handle it emotionally. I would recommend some counseling first though for all of you to to make sure you've thought of everything for now and in the future.

So your Eggs and DH spermies just her uterus, right? If so - I'd do it!

I probably wouldn't be able to do it though if it was one of their spermies or eggs. Little to close for comfort for me. Use of uterus though - OH YEAH! Wait - though - you haven't exhausted all your options with your own body yet. Is there a reason why an IVF transfer to you wouldn't work? They haven't found anything wrong with your Uterus have they?

Raunchero October 15th, 2013 09:24 AM

Thanks ladies, she is super amazing.

Gretchen I have not even come close to exhausting my options. Like I have said we are very close and every month I call her crying. I think she just wants to help in any way.

I won't be going with that unless we fail more IUI's and ivf attempts. We would use our eggs and swimmers. I agree too close to use theirs.

It was just a thought and made me realize how lucky I am to have someone that would put their own body through hell to make me a mom.

kayakr October 15th, 2013 11:02 AM

So even in the mist of crappy infertility and the heartbreak we go through there is still so much to be grateful for. :) Hopefully you'll never have to take her up on her offer!

Lucy S. October 16th, 2013 05:19 AM

I would! If it needed that.
I would have loved to have carried a loved ones baby. Chips didnt fall that way :/

cutenurse24 October 16th, 2013 10:45 AM

That is so awesome of her to offer to do that.

*Leah* October 16th, 2013 01:10 PM

That is SOOO awesome to offer! I had a friend offer to do the same. She doesn't want kids, but wants to be pregnant and experience it. However, most surrogates they usually want proven history that they can carry a pregnancy, so I'm not sure my friend would qualify. Also, like you said, you haven't exhausted your options. It may be that you can carry a pregnancy beautifully....you just need some help getting pg. Of course you want to do it yourself, but it's awesome that you have a backup to the backup plan (if IVF is your backup)!!!

Katie L October 16th, 2013 09:28 PM

That is pretty amazing. I would do it, if it had come to that.

Ironically, after my first, I thought I wouldn't mind being a surrogate for someone like my sister or SIL. Who knew infertility was in our cards instead?!

Sounds like you have an awesome support group and that is great!

mrs.ceebee.0915 October 16th, 2013 09:46 PM

That is a beautiful offer your SIL has made to you. I hope you don't need to go that far, but if you do, it sounds like you have a beautiful woman ready to help if the need is there! <3

infertilitywhyme October 21st, 2013 09:23 AM

WOW, what an incredible offer! If you decided to go that route I think your SIL would be a much better choice than anyone else....just b/c of all of the horror stories I've heard of, but I still think it would be challenging!