JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   its over for us (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2697290-its-over-for-us.html)

mama2JC&L December 10th, 2013 06:44 AM

its over for us

Just got the call from the RE office. Of the 2 follicles retrieved, only 1 was mature and it didn't fertilize. The RE herself is supposed to call me later. Not sure what we are going to do from here

smsturner December 10th, 2013 06:54 AM

Re: its over for us

Oh no. I'm so so sorry honey.

CarolinaLife December 10th, 2013 06:54 AM

I'm so sorry :(. I hope the RE has a good plan for you on what to do next.

dlammers December 10th, 2013 07:04 AM

So sorry. Hopefully you will be able to come up with a plan. Thinking of you! :dothug:

kellyowens December 10th, 2013 07:54 AM

Oh no :(!!! My heart is just broken for you (((hugs hugs hugs)))

melissaleigh December 10th, 2013 08:32 AM

Im so terribly sorry :(

*Leah* December 10th, 2013 08:34 AM

Oh no sweetie, I'm so sad to read this!

Remind me again, what were your follie sizes before or at trigger, at your last ultrasound? Were you on lupron...sorry I forget who does what and what meds you were on....

Let us know how the call goes.

Rainbow Catcher December 10th, 2013 08:56 AM

So sorry to hear :(

jes81878 December 10th, 2013 09:39 AM

Sorry and hope she has another plan of action for you.

KMH December 10th, 2013 03:01 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this news.

katydae88 December 10th, 2013 03:28 PM

I am so sorry that this happened :( I am hoping that things work out to where you have a LO soon!!!

mama2JC&L December 10th, 2013 03:44 PM

Finally got to talk to my RE. She said she had to leave a bunch of follicles behind because age couldn't reach them. They were too deep in my pelvis and it was too large a risk of hitting something else with the needle. she said it would continue to be a problem so we have 2 choices: we could go back to iui's but they weren't working for us since we seem to have a male factor problem now too that we didn't have with conceiving in the past. Or we can take timer off for me to lose a large amount of weight so the parties wouldn't be so out of reach. She also said we could "give it the old college try" the next 3 nights since there were follicles left behind. At this point we are going to give it a rest for a while and focus on my weight for a bit. Maybe we will have a 2015 baby...

CarolinaLife December 10th, 2013 04:17 PM

So sorry to hear that your best bet is to wait. Maybe the old college try strategy will work! I will keep my fingers crossed for a miracle, but in the meantime good luck with your weightloss/get in shape plan! Have you decided what your strategy will be?

There are a few of us who just started up a "getting in shape and losing weight while on a TTC break " type thread under health and fitness. Feel free to join us!!

Sending hugs and good, positive vibes your way!

Lucy S. December 10th, 2013 11:09 PM

Oh hun I didn't see this when i replied to your other thread :console:
I am so sorry :(

smsturner December 11th, 2013 05:05 AM

Waiting is the worst. And so is trying to lose weight (i definitely know about that!) I'm so so sorry that this turned out the way it did.

momof2andtrying December 12th, 2013 12:37 PM

This breaks my heart!

kayakr December 12th, 2013 04:56 PM

I am sorry. :(