JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Vitex did not work.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/2703166-vitex-did-not-work.html)

plan4fate January 13th, 2014 02:42 PM

Vitex did not work....

Not only did we not have any success this cycle, but AF showed today giving me a 24 day cycle and a 10/11 day lp.

I'm still fighting to get insurance, but though I know we qualify to use the market place, we don't qualify for anything else. The plan we were thinking we'd choose will cost us $700 a month with a 12k family deductible.. I just don't think we'll be able to afford it.

So we're going to stop ttc. no more opks, no more charts, no more hpts... likely going to stop most of my supplements. Once DH goes back to work we'll rediscuss... but it's boiled down that with just his salary we cannot afford much in the way of MA. So when we can get me somewhere that I can find work we'll start looking for something else.

In the meantime, I need to find a way to come to terms with possibly never having a child of my own.

Raunchero January 13th, 2014 04:47 PM

Re: Vitex did not work....

I'm so sorry you are going through such a hard time. I know your heart is probably breaking, and mine is for you. I certainly hope this break is very sorry lived and we will see you very soon back with ttcma or even better one of those mythical bfp. Please keep in touch!

Rainbow Catcher January 13th, 2014 04:47 PM

:hug: I'm so sorry :(

plan4fate January 13th, 2014 04:51 PM

I'll be sticking around here reading and such, replying probably as much as I do now. But I had to leave my ttc board... I just absolutely could not handle another fly by bfp.

hubby said he's going to start taking me parking and getting me drunk. Seems to work for regular people :p

Raunchero January 13th, 2014 04:57 PM

I just had this conversation with my dh! Said maybe if we got drunk at a party and dtd in a closet, bathroom, or back of a car that would surely do the trick!

KMH January 13th, 2014 05:20 PM

I'm so sorry, Ashley. I hope things turn around for you soon.

I must say, though, drunken parking sounds pretty fun :giggle:

plan4fate January 14th, 2014 12:45 AM

lol yeah it does doesn't it?

We just looked at the plans online. None of them have copays, they're all "you must meet your deductible before we cover anything" While we could easily meet that in just one procedure, we could likely get more out of our money by paying the fine for next year and instead just taking 12k and finding some stuff out. DH seems to be ok with this idea.

But I think I'll start with finding a new OB since I don't like mine. LOL

CarolinaLife January 14th, 2014 05:44 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this! Thinking of you and your DH as you go through this and figure out your best way to move forward. :hug:

Rainbow Catcher January 14th, 2014 06:50 AM

Hmm... I think I know what I'm doing this weekend... we do have some beers in the fridge.. :rofl:

plan4fate January 14th, 2014 12:44 PM

I've got half a bottle of wine, with a partial bottle of Kahlua and some rum for hurricanes kicking around... I could have a lot of fun, but I think I'll at least way until cd 10 before I start going crazy :p

*Leah* January 14th, 2014 01:34 PM

Oh Ashley ((HUGS))!!

A friend of mine said we were both going to quit our jobs, start smoking and move into a trailer park, drink every night, THEN we'd be able to get knocked up!!! We thought we'd timeshare it out to other couples TTC J/K :)

PS was talking to DH and he said they were delivering some stuff (He rents construction equipment) to a new Sand plant in Whitehall, WI and I know there is one in New Auburn too...you said your DH was going to look into other new ones...FYI :)

plan4fate January 14th, 2014 01:44 PM

Thank you Leah!!!! He's going to look and see what he can find and make some calls! :) The hard part is finding out who's contracted to build places... it's easy to find out who actually owns em. LOL