JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   December it is! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/334663-december.html)

jlk October 11th, 2006 05:00 PM

I met with the IVF nurse today to go over everything we will need to know for IVF. I am starting my meds next month on CD 21 (Lupron) and hopefully will be doing the transfer around December 20!!! We may have a x-mas baby!! Can you tell I am excited?!!?!?

I have to go in for more bloodwork in the next couple of days. Next month when I start my cycle I will have to go in for a HSG and a mock transfer run. I really really hope this works the first time around.

Daniellea22 October 11th, 2006 06:17 PM

Oh how exciting!! what a way to ring in the new year as well! good luck sweety, i hope time flies for you and december gets here soon! :cheer:

mrsracatoe October 11th, 2006 09:28 PM

:cheer:
Thats GREAT!! I am so excited for you!!! :cheer:

HopefulOne October 12th, 2006 04:57 AM

Woo hoo! That is such exciting news. You must be so excited! The idea of a Christmas baby is just wonderful. My fingers are crossed for you!!! :cheer:

TheMommyProject October 12th, 2006 07:08 AM

This is fantastic news!! :cheer:

I'm so happy that you are now well on your way and I will be keeping everything crossed for you and hoping that your first attempt works.

I've not heard of the mock run for transfer before - are they just verifying your timing around the HSG shot in relation to the transfer?

Nykoal October 12th, 2006 07:16 AM

:cheer: Good luck hun!!!

rinty68 October 12th, 2006 08:38 AM

OMG! You are soooo lucky!!

We have our RE appt on Nov 29th and thats just to sign paperwork etc.
I dont know how long the waiting list would be for us yet.
I have a feeling it will be long as its NHS and you get 2 free attempts as i live in UK.

I am so happy for you hun! You must feel so optimistic right now huh? ;)

All the luck in the world to you and DH

Sarah :smile:

sm2005 October 13th, 2006 01:56 PM

Hi Sarah,

I will also be doing my 2nd fresh IVF cycle in Dec. Maybe we can be cycle buddies....good luck, I can't wait for dec, but i just finished one cycle with BFN!!!

We gotta keep faith and just wait for our time.

SM

jlk October 13th, 2006 04:58 PM

Quote:

This is fantastic news!! :cheer:

I'm so happy that you are now well on your way and I will be keeping everything crossed for you and hoping that your first attempt works.

I've not heard of the mock run for transfer before - are they just verifying your timing around the HSG shot in relation to the transfer?[/b]
A Mock ET is done to see how far the catheter will need to go into the cervix when the actual transfer occurs. They will use ultrasound to view this.

Quote:

Hi Sarah,

I will also be doing my 2nd fresh IVF cycle in Dec. Maybe we can be cycle buddies....good luck, I can't wait for dec, but i just finished one cycle with BFN!!!

We gotta keep faith and just wait for our time.

SM[/b]

I am sorry to hear that you have to undergo another IVF run. When do you think the transfer will take place that month?

Crystalynn October 14th, 2006 08:10 AM

Yay, how exciting!! You are on the way!

I also had to do the mock transfer. It is not too bad, a little pinching and stuff but no biggie. The HSG did make me a little crampy, though (but that was not done at the same time as the mock transfer for me, I had had that done years before)

Hey, Dec 20 is a lucky date! (that's my due date) hehe so I will have EVERYTHING crossed for you!!!

(and you, too, SM!!)