JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   late ovulation (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/364970-late-ovulation.html)

mamatomaica November 10th, 2006 04:34 AM

hmm, i've been doing some google research (great for hypochondriacs!! it must bring it to a whole new level)
and reading up on late ovulation...
I've charted for nearly a year, but as my cycles are so long thats only 8 cycles. And we've been TTC for 14 cycles i think. Normally i ovulate on day 28, but this last two cycles i've ovulated day 38, making my cycle 49 days!! thats too long right?
I had an early miscarraige in may, therefore my doctor seems to think theres nothing wrong with me, its just my partner's count thats wrong.

On the net it says if you ovulate late you're less likely to concieve, and more likely to miscarry early....
Tell me if i'm being a hypochondriac here, but should i go back to my doctor and tell him i'm concerned about my long cycles? :confused:
any insight would be great!

jlk November 10th, 2006 07:24 PM

I have also read that about ovulating late. But, I have heard of women who do ovulate as late as you do get BFP. I would voice my concern to my doctor if I were you. At least then you could get some worries out of the way.

Nykoal November 10th, 2006 09:23 PM

I would definately talk it over with your doctor. Those are really long cycles and there could be an underlying hormone issue.

Daisee37 November 11th, 2006 03:29 PM

So I went to go see a reproductive endocrinologist with the same question... I had long cycles, used some OPKs and found out that I ovulated on day 38. WHen I told her, she told me that the eggs might be "over mature" at that point and therefore not good for fertilization. No, it's not impossible to get pg with those eggs, but from what she said, it greatly decreases your chances if the eggs are too ripe. She was going to start me on Clomid to make me ovulate earlier. YOu should probably ask a doctor about it, but if what my doc told me is right, then maybe that's why it's been so hard?

SUNSHINE08 November 11th, 2006 05:04 PM

Hi Amelie. I totally understand your concerns. I had some of the same issues.

Have you been tested for Polysustic ovaries at all?

I have PCOS and my cycles have varied from 31-63 days. I have had about the same number of cycles as you in a year. It might be worth checking this out, as PCOS can affect fertility. I really hope you don't have this issue.

Even if you just have irregular periods it might be worth discussing the possibly of going on clomid, which will help to regulate your cycle.

Good luck with your TTC journey.