JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Clomid dry up mucous? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/750688-clomid-dry-up-mucous.html)

chen75 September 30th, 2007 06:38 PM

Just learned that one of the side effects of using clomid is that it tends to dry up your mucous, more specifically your eggwhites. Just wondering if this happened to all of you, and if so did you have to use something to bring the eggwhites back?

I'm so scared of this because I love my eggwhites, and it's my #1 sign that ovulation is going to happen real soon for me. :blush:

*CAMM* September 30th, 2007 07:11 PM

Some girls use mucinex or robitussin cough syrup. You could use Preseed lubricant it mimics eggwhite cm and its safe for sperm.

chen75 September 30th, 2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Some girls use mucinex or robitussin cough syrup. You could use Preseed lubricant it mimics eggwhite cm and its safe for sperm.[/b]
Where do you buy preseed and when do you apply it on you? when you bd?

LaniR304 September 30th, 2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Some girls use mucinex or robitussin cough syrup. You could use Preseed lubricant it mimics eggwhite cm and its safe for sperm.[/b]
Where do you buy preseed and when do you apply it on you? when you bd?
[/b]
You use the preseed before you BD.
I have gotten mine from an online store. If you go to the preseed website, you can get a list of stores that sell it; however, there are not too many places listed.

Angel_Maker October 1st, 2007 04:54 AM

On my first round of Clomid, I took mucinex and used Pre Seed when I BD'd....it worked and I got pregnant, but unfortunately lost my twins at 16 weeks.....

I just took Clomid again and am currently waiting to O......I am going to use the EXACT same regimen I used last time and PRAY it works :inlove:

Good luck!

MrsRodgers October 1st, 2007 06:15 AM

This totally happened to me on Clomid and finally after three unsuccessful attempts with Clomid and nothing I ordered pre-seed on line (the only place that I could get it around here) and used that. We ended up with a BFP after using that and Clomid.

lizm75 October 1st, 2007 09:21 AM

I have taken clomid 3 cycles. The first 2 I had no egg whites and I normally have a lot. The last round of clomid I took mucinex and got egg whites! So I fully support trying mucinex because it helped me.

SummerRose October 1st, 2007 10:27 AM

For me, that wasn't an issue, actually Clomid made me have MORE mucas!!!
If you do have an issue, green tea helps. You can get caplets.
Good Luck!

The Purple Butterfly October 1st, 2007 10:34 AM

I took evening primrose oil and it helped. I use Preseed on DH. The way it tells you to use it is to squirt the whole tube inside you, but that is a LOT of lube, so I have gotten about 4-5 uses out of one tube by just using it on DH and putting the tube in a little ziplock baggie. It keeps everything sanitary that way and you don't end up wasting a lot of it. HTH!

CandiceW October 1st, 2007 12:40 PM

Yup, Clomid dried me up.
I used preseed to help with this.

You can get it at www.preseed.com or www.Early-Pregnancy-Tests.com