JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   clomid question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/771626-clomid-question.html)

apple00 October 16th, 2007 04:22 PM

Hi girls, just a question about clomid. I'm going to call my Dr. soon becuae I have very long, irregular cylces, we have been ttc for 6 months and nothing, I ovulate after cd30 and think that I need a little help. My question (or questions) is (are) What tests or examens does the Dr. do also will they put me on clomid after only trying for 6 months. Thanks for the help :smile:

Teresa Hartley October 16th, 2007 04:29 PM

hey there i have been put on clomid because i was not Oing at all i think it all depends on your history and how you and your partner have been ttc like charting and all that kind of stuff my partner and i were trying for nearly 2 years until we got help i have found that they do alot of tests to rule things out before they make a decission on what they are going to to help you. The tests they done with me was scans and bloods and my partner got semen test done aswell.
Hope that helps but the best person to help you defantly will be your doctor :smile:

apple00 October 16th, 2007 05:00 PM

Thanks for the info. I think I'm just nervous about going to the Dr. and I think that knowing a little bit of what to expect will help.

JustWant2Love October 16th, 2007 05:03 PM

I did Day 3 and Day 23 blood work first, a transvaginal ultrasound, and a semen analysis. I will be doing the HSG next month.

I am doing Clomid this cycle, but I'm doing it with a trigger shot because we're also doing IUI. For me, I had a baseline ultrasound and I'll be having another ultrasound to see how many follicles I have and how big they are. I'll also be doing an Estradiol level, which is usually 200 for every mature follicle. Those are just ways they can gage how many eggs you may release. But I'm doing IUI, so I'm not sure if it will be the same for you... I think the monitoring is usually the same, but some doctors don't monitor (bad idea).

chen75 October 16th, 2007 06:55 PM

I think usually the doctor has to first find out why you are not ovulating. You could have PCOS. Depending on the doctor, he may first put you on Metformin, then later clomid. But what I do know is, the doctor has to first anyalize your situation, and see if you are a candidate for clomid.

jaclyn_the_great October 17th, 2007 03:56 AM

Hi.

Im not sure about most doctors..but mine did things a little differently. I went and saw him a couple of weeks ago and told him we have been trying for close to a year. I also have really iregulare cycles and i was charting for months with my temps never really changing. So that day he gave me medication to bring on my period and then he also gave me clomid. but told me not to concieve yet because alot of eggs come out on the first cycle (still dont know about that one)
either way i have to call him when i get my period and set up another appointment. He already sent me for bloodwork to make sure im not actually ovulating..
dont know if that helps at all..kinda confused myself.. :blink:

apple00 October 17th, 2007 02:28 PM

Thanks everyone, guess I'll have to wait and see what the Dr. says, I have to get the nerve to call now, I hate going to the doctor! :unsure:

Leslie

*Melissa* October 17th, 2007 07:35 PM

can't wait to hear what the doctor has to say!!!! let us know ASAP!!! I had the same issue. I ovulated irregularly all the time, and sometimes not at all. after some baisic blood testing (day 21 and day 3 fsh , glucose/insulin testing) i was put on clomid- which DID help regulate my cycle. Goodluck hun!