JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Older Members (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f260-trying-to-conceive-older-members/)
-   -   have a question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f260-trying-to-conceive-older-members/1197859-have-question.html)

krh1krh August 18th, 2008 07:47 PM

I am 35 ttc#3 opk showed + on sunday am dh and I bd on fri, sat & sun he had to go out of town on Monday so no bd he will not be home until tues pm. what do you think my chances are of conceiving? semen test for him came back fine.

BeckyM August 19th, 2008 05:38 AM

Hello & Welcome! I'm Becky (34), DH is Tony (also 34). I co-host our board here along with Jessica. Once you receive a positive OPK you are supposed to ovulate within 12-48 hours. Your BDing looks like you timed it fine as sperm can live for up to 5 days waiting for the eggie. I hope you get your BFP, and please stick around and keep us updated.

Just 8 of us August 19th, 2008 05:43 AM

Good luck! I've never used OPK so I can't be of much help, but it sounds like you timed it right!

krh1krh August 19th, 2008 06:19 AM

thanks for the welcome I just found this message board last night. I really like it so I will be sticking around. I have been ttc now for 5 months I got a bfp last month but mc. I am on my 5th round of clomid I hope this month does the trick and it sticks. I am really hoping for a spring or early summer baby. I do not do well in the heat so being pregnant in the summer would not be great for me. at this point I will just have to deal with what happens.

BeckyM August 19th, 2008 06:24 AM

I'm glad to hear you going to be sticking around. JM is a wonderful community and we have a great group of ladies here on TTC OM. I'm sorry to hear of your m/c & wish you the best of luck. Casey (shortfluffy) & I have just started our 1st cycle with Clomid. Hopefully we all can get our BFP soon and have some May babies.

krh1krh August 19th, 2008 07:05 AM

Quote:

I'm glad to hear you going to be sticking around. JM is a wonderful community and we have a great group of ladies here on TTC OM. I'm sorry to hear of your m/c & wish you the best of luck. Casey (shortfluffy) & I have just started our 1st cycle with Clomid. Hopefully we all can get our BFP soon and have some May babies.[/b]

what dose did dr start you on? I was on 50mg for two mon then on 100mg now. Last month was the first time I had hot flashes while on them. I did have mild head aches but if it gets us a bfp I will go through it.

boysmama August 19th, 2008 09:34 AM

:welcome: I'm Sherry (38) and I'm TTC#3 with my DH.

I think your timing is great. Good luck !

BeckyM August 19th, 2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

what dose did dr start you on? I was on 50mg for two mon then on 100mg now. Last month was the first time I had hot flashes while on them. I did have mild head aches but if it gets us a bfp I will go through it.[/b]
My dose was 50mg, and I was lucky enough not to have much side effects. Casey (the poor dear) wasn't as lucky. But hopefully Clomid will get us all our BFPs!

Jessica C August 19th, 2008 11:38 AM

:welcome: Karyn!! I'm Jessica (41) and DH is Paul (38) and we've been TTC#1 since January. We're glad you found JM....it's a wonderful place to be. And our board of "awesome older members" is small and growing larger everyday. We're glad you'll be sticking with us. We hope to hear of a BFP from you soon as it sounds like you had good timing with a positive OPK. Sperm can live 3-5 days in fertile fluids so we all wish you luck and hope you caught your eggie!!

CaseyM August 19th, 2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

what dose did dr start you on? I was on 50mg for two mon then on 100mg now. Last month was the first time I had hot flashes while on them. I did have mild head aches but if it gets us a bfp I will go through it.[/b]

Welcome Karynh. I'm Casey (34 for 6 more days) and DH is Tim (26). We have been TTC #1 since October of 07. Because of health issues and the big age issue, the doctor started me right out on 100mg of the Clomid. Becky's right. I did have some side effects, but I have the same feelng as you. If it works, who cares. I had the dizziness, fatigue and hot flashes with it. Not bad enough to stop taking it though. I took my last dose Saturday night and now just playing the waiting game......Hope to hear more from you.

safeway0027 August 20th, 2008 11:57 AM

Karynh :welcome: , I'm Chum 34 and dh 39 ttc our first. Sorry been MIA with computer problems. GL hope the 4 days of bding will do it :dust: :dust: :dust: