JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Older Members (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f260-trying-to-conceive-older-members/)
-   -   Viral Infection (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f260-trying-to-conceive-older-members/2597639-viral-infection.html)

Tinky November 20th, 2012 03:45 PM

Viral Infection

2 members of our house have come down with a very bad viral infection, symptoms similair to the flu. My question is, how will this affect me and my TWW/Ovulation/Conception etc???

jillviray November 20th, 2012 09:51 PM

Re: Viral Infection

Pregnant women usually doesn't get infected on viral infections such as respiratory infections. However, it depends on the virus. So it's better to consult your doctor and tell him right away. God bless!

LauraTTCat42 November 20th, 2012 10:28 PM

Illness can affect O, so if you catch the virus your O could be delayed.

If you catch it there is a good chance it will mess with your temps. Looking at your recent temp rise do you think there is a chance you might have it too? 98.6 is a normal core body temp in a resting adult, so your temp doesn't look too high. But this is where the uncertainty of "did you O or not" comes in.

Tinky November 21st, 2012 04:08 AM

I had EW on sat, and yesterday FF gave me solids for sunday. I took out the CM and they became dotted. (cause IM silly like that) This morning it moved dotted monday. Maybe I have truy Oed? As far as being sick last night i felt a sore throat so I took some tylenol and went to bed early in hopes of fighting it off befre it can start!!

LauraTTCat42 November 21st, 2012 04:19 AM

Hopefully you can avoid getting it full blown, viral infections just plain stink!

My doctor always tell me to drink orange juice and eat 70% dark chocolate with it when I get a scratchy throat and cough or if the kids are sick, LOL. Any doc that recommends chocolate as a preventative is in my good books :D

Tinky November 21st, 2012 04:37 AM

I think I am in love with your doc! My doc once told me to eat a cheeseburger:D I HAD to follow the doctors orders.

Teehee I was surprised to see you here, then realized it is only wednesday not saturday like my mind is trying to tell me.

LauraTTCat42 November 21st, 2012 04:57 AM

What's happening on Saturday? Something exciting :) tell us, tell us hehehe

Tinky November 21st, 2012 06:12 AM

Nothing exciting, I just know I dont see you on weekends so they are dull to me. TODAY is exciting cause it feels like a present<3

LauraTTCat42 November 21st, 2012 10:50 PM

Awww shucks :blush:

I am picking up the sim card for my laptop this weekend so will be online at home very soon, yay! Then I can check in on weekends on all you lovely ladies here :)

How are you feeling Rachael? Hope you are managing to beat the virus :)

Tinky November 22nd, 2012 04:55 AM

Hanging in. feel ever so slighly run down and a scratchy throat but keeping up with taking honey/cinnamen and tylenol 2x a day. Hopefully will keep the virus at bay. The pthers are on the mend, yaya!