JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Older Members (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f260-trying-to-conceive-older-members/)
-   -   Out, but not Down (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f260-trying-to-conceive-older-members/2674884-out-but-not-down.html)

Eleanor-Abigail August 26th, 2013 10:07 AM

Out, but not Down

Well, looks like I'm out this month too. Sore girls and falling temps. But remember I had that weird post-Provera u/s showing what looked like mature follicles at CD 6, so this month was a crap shoot anyway.

BUT: I went to a different OB today, the same one I saw for a 2nd opinion in Feb. WOW. Night and day approach compared to my other OB! She said, "You're 41 and we need to get you pregnant so we need to have a plan and we need to be aggressive!"

As soon as I get my period (should be later this week) she's going to do Femara, monitoring by u/s, timed intercourse, and HcG trigger shot. In other words, we're going at this with both gun barrels blazing! WOOT!

Ugh. I feel like if I'd stayed with her in Feb I'd be pregnant by now! Still, I feel like even if I don't conceive again, I'm not going down without a fight.

vickyblueeyes August 26th, 2013 10:16 AM

Re: Out, but not Down

good luck hun ,what a difference a better doctor makes ! so glad action is being taken for you ,you will be doing what im now doing ( apart from im on the clomid not the one your going on ,which some have said is better med with less side effects ) im in to 2nd cycle ,sorry this mth may be a bust but there is light at end of the tunnel now ,you go get them girl :smile:

Shelz@_@ August 26th, 2013 10:21 AM

glad you have a pos attitude wish my doc would be so kind.. good luck hun...

Renee360 August 26th, 2013 10:31 AM

Sounds like a great Dr. it's always nice having a De. you feel is taking an active part in your care. I seriously hate the Wait
And See Approach.

GL with your upcoming cycle. Hopefully by the end of this week AF will make her appearance and you can get the show on the road!

left_field August 26th, 2013 04:04 PM

Great attitude.. Good luck next month

lelila August 26th, 2013 07:07 PM

Yeh on having a good ob!

Eleanor-Abigail August 28th, 2013 03:57 PM

...and, we're on CD2 so I'm ready to get this par-tay started!

Yeah, I know I *just* had a cycle on 8/11. Maybe my body is making up for lost time?

lelila August 28th, 2013 07:27 PM

Huh, you did have cycles close together. What's that all about? Are you taking provera again? When's your trigger shot? Make sure you stay healthy so you can Marathon it after that shot!

Eleanor-Abigail August 28th, 2013 10:58 PM

At first I thought, "aww...Leia remembers that I'm into running!" Except...oh. You mean THAT marathon. Yes ma'am, got the dates circled on my calendar!

I don't know what the foxtrot is going on w/ me but I'm sure it's related to my Better Living Through Chemistry approach. Just before the 8/11 cycle I was on CD 90-something and had taken Provera. On 8/16 I started taking estrogen to "build up a lining" but had also had a HUGE (for me) on 8/13 or 8/14. Going by temp alone, or even temp + OPK, this cycle is *pretty much* on schedule...I think.

All righty then. Universe, I would like to order an appetizer of Femara, entree of marathon BD with side order of trigger shot, and Sticky Bean for dessert. And can I get that in a To Go box? Great, thanks!

lelila August 29th, 2013 06:37 AM

Can you get fries with that?

Eleanor-Abigail August 29th, 2013 09:29 AM

Hope so! I'm also requesting a double order of hugs, puppies & kittens for YOU today Leia!