JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Older Members (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f260-trying-to-conceive-older-members/)
-   -   Christmas Trees (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f260-trying-to-conceive-older-members/2695560-christmas-trees.html)

Renee360 December 1st, 2013 09:26 AM

Christmas Trees

Real or Fake?

Do you have any Christmas Tree tradition?

When do you normally put your up?

Multi colored lights or one color?

Do you put presents under the tree after you get done wrapping or all at one time?

Presents to children from Santa, parents, or combo of Santa and parents?

Do you shop for your own present?

Renee360 December 1st, 2013 09:34 AM

Re: Christmas Trees

Real

We go to the same Christmas Tree farm, cut down our tree. Afterwards we drink hot chocolate and eat cookies. They always have a Santa so the boys take a picture with him. We also buy an ornament for each of us at Hallmark. Sometimes my DH buys himself 4.

1st or 2nd weekend of December

It use to be only one color, but the boys like the multiple colored lights.

I wait to put anything under the tree.

Most all presents to the children are from Santa. Using different wrapping paper got way too confusing. Especially since I wait until last minute to wrap them.

Yes, I'm guilty of buying my own present. Even if DH goes out and buys me something I find out before hand what he's bought me.

Jennhowru December 1st, 2013 11:56 AM

Fake.

We don't really have a tradition. The kids get super excited when we dig all the decorations out, then they lose interest after about 30 minutes and I end up putting everything out myself.

Sometimes we put it up the day after Thanksgiving, sometimes not til later. It just depends when DH and I have a day off together ( which are few and far between nowadays). We'll be putting it up on the 8th this year.

I prefer the white lights. The tree is prelit so that's what we have.

I put presents under the tree as soon as I wrap them. Santa presents don't get wrapped and are put on the fireplace for Christmas morning.

I don't buy myself anything. But I tell DH verrry specifically what I want.

ctymom December 1st, 2013 04:51 PM

We bought a fake this year with LED lights that go from all white to multicolored. We bought it on black friday...was a $200 tree down to $70 so couldn't pass that up.

The tree, decorations and outdoor lights are up. I really need some Christmas spirit. Things have been rough this year for us and we're hoping for a better 2014. I'm excited about the outdoor lights b/c we got the machine that makes the lights dance to music from a speaker in the yard. It's gonna be a Carpenters Christmas. :)

No traditions really. With my kids, we usually gave a couple parent gifts but mostly Santa. Santa got credit for all the cool stuff. lol

Shelz@_@ December 1st, 2013 08:17 PM

we use to do real trees now we just do fake
we always make cookies
and now I put presents under the tree the night before x mas
and no I dont shop for my own presents

vickyblueeyes December 2nd, 2013 05:48 AM

i love Christmas its the best time of yr for me , my tree is up ( has been for a bit lol )

as is our lifestyle i have a black tree with blue lights and all the decs match blue and purple ,looks lovely and drives dh mad as his so anti Christmas miserable sod lol

i let kids open one present on Christmas eve ,i also do the whole leave a glass of milk and cookie for santa ,sprinkle iceing sugar on the floor and do hoof prints to say santa and raindeer have been , the little ones love waking up to all the presents under the tree ,there little faces stop my heart bless them ,

then all family come up . the men and boys go fishing and me and the woman and girls cook ,when dinners ready they all come home , its great having them all out the way while i just get on with it .

i don't shop for my own pressie but sometimes wish i did lol