JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Older Members (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f260-trying-to-conceive-older-members/)
-   -   24 wk rescan and appt. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f260-trying-to-conceive-older-members/2697595-24-wk-rescan-and-appt.html)

lelila December 11th, 2013 09:56 AM

24 wk rescan and appt.

I had to go in to have our 20 wk U/S repeated since little boy wouldn't cooperate and let the tech see one of his heart valves last time. So I got a treat and had an extra 30 min seeing our little boy - and he's doing fine. The tech got to see the valve this time. He's already a little baby, it's amazing! He was pulling on his feet, rubbing his face, giving himself a facepalm and playing with his, well, you know. He even has hair and was holding on to his umbilical cord. Really cute.

http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/...psa1f913b2.jpg

DS was with me and after the appt I had to stop at a toy store for christmas shopping for my nieces and nephews. DS asked to pick out a toy for his baby brother. Adorable.

Believingforonemore December 11th, 2013 02:32 PM

Re: 24 wk rescan and appt.

I love it! Wow those have really come a long ways. Does he look like his DS? What a sweet baby. What did you and DS pick out as a gift? I'm so glad to see him doing so well. I can't believe you're almost half way through this! Can you believe that's inside of you?!

lelila December 11th, 2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Believingforonemore (Post 27851186)
I love it! Wow those have really come a long ways. Does he look like his DS? What a sweet baby. What did you and DS pick out as a gift? I'm so glad to see him doing so well. I can't believe you're almost half way through this! Can you believe that's inside of you?!

He does look like his big brother. Right down to the button nose and dimpled chin. More than halfway through now! Only 16 weeks to go! Can you believe it? DS picked out a car seat toy - you know the things that dangle from the car seat handle and has a mirror and little rattles and crap hanging from it. It's a bug with legs that stretch and make crinkle sounds, etc. He also picked out a Winnie the Poo sleeper.

Yes, the technology is unbelievable. Wait until you get yours. Ultrasounds that show the chambers in the heart and show the blood flow in the umbilical cord. They can see the organs working, can show the bones in the arms and hands, show the joints, etc. It really is amazing. You'll be blown away.

Believingforonemore December 11th, 2013 06:13 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about my babies had those also. He will probably love it and DS will be happy because he's the one who picked it. I'm being pulled in two directions on the baby thing now. My heart is heavy over it. I feel like God is telling me to die to this want. I heard it again today when I read my primetime. DH came home lastnight and asked me how I could feel about taking fertility drugs. He was 100% against them before. Now he would like to try them. I'm like GOD what do YOU want because you're confusing me. But I just went and reread the reading. Here it is. Not only has God spoken He has repeated himself. If I didn't hear it the first time I certainly heard it the second time. When faith doesn't see results it challenges what we believe. We must pray as Job prayed: "Teach me what I cannot see" (Job 34:32). God says there is a purpose in everything we go through. Later that day another friend who once had the same issues, but was now better, had a word of encouragement. "God is going to reveal things to you through this season of adversity that you would never receive had you not gone through this. This is part of your calling even though Satan is the instrument. God is always bigger than Satan's afflictions."

Our greatest tests come when we cannot see positive results from our faith and obedience. In such cases we must die to our expectations and entrust them to our Lord."

Maybe what God is telling me is to die to this expectation so that I can entrust it to Him so that He can work here. HA! just typing that out helped me I suppose.

Shelz@_@ December 11th, 2013 11:55 PM

aww that is so precious and so cute your a lucky lady.. cant wait to see the little guy when you have him.. have you picked out any names yet?

Believingforonemore December 12th, 2013 04:55 AM

I was just wondering the same thing. Are you doing a nursery?

lelila December 12th, 2013 06:01 AM

No nursery. He will share a room with DS. We haven't picked out a name yet either. We're holding off until I'm confident that the pregnancy will last - I'm still worried.

Rae, I don't know what to say about your dilemma. I was always one to persevere regardless of the signs and when everything said "You're beaten" I pushed harder because I was a fighter and never let anyone win. My husband calls that "Extreme Stubbornness" but I call it "an overdeveloped sense of not wanting to lose". Haha

There are two sides to it though, and I recognize that. I told DH that I didn't want to keep trying and keep losing babies if that was what was going to happen, I couldn't take the emotional pain. Honestly, this was going to be our last try and really, I wasn't expecting to be successful so soon after our last loss - in fact I didn't want to get pg so quickly. I didn't think my body was ready. I'm grateful I've made it this far. One more week to viability and I can hardly wait. I fear everyday that it will be the last day I have my new baby with me and really, that is a horrible way to live.

Believingforonemore December 12th, 2013 02:34 PM

You ain't kidding Leia. I too will sign a breath of relief when you can finally breath easy. I'm sure it's hard not allowing yourself to become attached. But in the end I know this will all be worth it. You will always remember the babies you lost but you'll look at this one and rejoice. I knew going into this because of my age that I was setting myself up for heartache. I try to keep it in perspective. I knew there would be some hard times and there has been. At the same time I've got to let go. I'm tired of agonizing over AF every month. I've always thought to myself that when I get to hold my baby none of this will matter anymore. Whatever I went through to get here will have been worth it. But what if I never hold that baby? Would it have been worth it then? I'm not sure what I could say I've gained from this experience that's been positive. Except maybe perseverance.

ctymom December 12th, 2013 05:00 PM

Your ultrasound photo is amazing. My last baby is 10 years old...they were just coming out with ultrasounds like that but it was hard to get one. I can't wait to see this with our baby!

When will you not be worried anymore about your pregnancy? Hopefully you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy soon :)

lelila December 13th, 2013 07:17 AM

Rae, the only reason why we kept trying was to say, down the road as older people, that we don't have regrets for NOT trying. That was it. I knew too that this journey could lead to more heartache than joy and that I many never have a baby. But I didn't want to spend my older years wondering "what if" and "should I have". There were dark days last winter when I felt like I had made a mistake trying, because I saw the pain in my poor son's eyes after we lost our last LO. I died a little each time he cried over that loss.

I can only hope that we make it through this one so I can see the joy in his eyes when he holds his baby brother.

Pam - I don't know if I will ever find joy in this pregnancy. Honestly, I know so much about how much CAN go wrong, even up to the very end of 40 weeks, that I'm robbed now. I doubt I have to tell you about the pain of loss. You've endured it all and then some. DH tells me I'm being pessimistic and I don't have a reason to worry, but he doesn't know what I know. He hasn't read the articles, the blogs, the posts of heartbroken women. Maybe I shouldn't have either. But I wanted to know what I faced. I wanted to take nothing for granted. And I don't.

ctymom December 13th, 2013 04:09 PM

Leia.... just my 2 cents. What's going to happen will happen whether you enjoy your pregnancy or not. I would enjoy it. Even when I knew my son was going to have surgery at birth and didn't know the outcome, I enjoyed the pregnancy and did my best to not focus on it until I needed to deal with it. Enjoy it, because when everything works out, you will regret not enjoying it. Keep doing your part of keeping yourself healthy and enjoy your pregnancy :)

Believingforonemore December 13th, 2013 06:53 PM

Good advice Pam. I would love to see Leia excited and not worrying so much. Fear can become your god or your idol. It strips you of all good things. Try to relax some mama, right now you're pregnant with a healthy baby.

vickyblueeyes December 13th, 2013 10:48 PM

just popped on to see how all you ladies are doing . Then saw this post . Omg the baby is so lovely.he looks so happy all warm and cosy in there . He is growing nicely and doing well. I'm so happy for you .iv been reading what you girls been writing .but for me when I look at this baby boy knowing that he will be in his mummys arms soon .it makes this ttc all worth wile . So a leaf out of your book is needed for me .and that is never give up ! . For me new house ,new year,new fresh start .and a baby for 2014 .thank you you always give me hope when I feel I'm at my end .and I am truly so happy for you after all you been through .it is now your time . Xx

lelila December 14th, 2013 06:16 AM

Thanks ladies for the encouragement! I am trying to enjoy the little moments. Baby boy was doing somersaults this morning and I was smiling. DH saw me and said "What do you have gas?".

Shelz@_@ December 14th, 2013 10:27 PM

just smile back.. serenity now lol

lelila December 15th, 2013 06:10 AM

25 weeks today. One more week to viability. Looking forward to a happy christmas.

Believingforonemore December 15th, 2013 08:07 AM

Indeed this will be a good gift for you.

Renee360 December 15th, 2013 08:23 AM

He's absolutely beautiful Leia. All this talk about getting to 26 weeks and if you aren't having a c-section he may be a late baby?!

I love that your DS wanted to buy something for his baby brother.

You have a whole group of woman that are praying hard for you Leia.