JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Older Members (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f260-trying-to-conceive-older-members/)
-   -   Leia had her baby boy! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f260-trying-to-conceive-older-members/2713949-leia-had-her-baby-boy.html)

Believingforonemore March 25th, 2014 07:11 PM

Leia had her baby boy!

I got a message from Leia that she had her baby boy! She has preclempsia and had to have the c-section earlier than planned. Everyone is doing great and I've demanded pictures as soon as humanly possible!!

Congratulations Leia!!!

Shelz@_@ March 25th, 2014 07:50 PM

Re: Leia had her baby boy!

oh wow congrats hun

katydae88 March 25th, 2014 08:09 PM

Oh that is awesome!!! Congratulations Leia!!!!!

Renee360 March 25th, 2014 09:17 PM

That is FANTASTIC NEWS! Not the PreE, but meeting her son.

Happy Birthday and Congratulations Leia and Family!

So looking forward to seein him!

P.S. We now have no one pregnant in our little group. Time for one of us to finally get a BFP!

ctymom March 26th, 2014 03:49 AM

oh wow!! Congrats Leia!! Can't wait to see photos of your little guy!!Renee.... I know right.....time to pass the crown to the next person! or personssss!!

Renee360 March 26th, 2014 06:47 AM

Should we guess the weight of baby boy?

6 pounds 13 ounces

ctymom March 26th, 2014 09:22 AM

7 lbs 2 ounces ;)

Posgo001 March 26th, 2014 11:36 AM

YAY!!! Congrats Leia! So sorry you had the preeclampsia scare--but glad it tune out well.....I'm going with 7lb 14oz :)

berrygirll March 26th, 2014 05:20 PM

So happy for her! Glad they are both doing well!

Believingforonemore March 27th, 2014 04:41 AM

6 lbs 12 oz. 18 in. Close Renee!!

Renee360 March 27th, 2014 06:03 AM

Rae was that how big he was? I wasn't sure if Leia had given that info?

lelila March 27th, 2014 03:39 PM

Hello ladies! We're home now. Baby boy is doing great! We decided on Colt Jameson for a name. Thanks Rae for letting everyone know where I was. It was pretty awful for 2 days but we're ok now.Colt is BFing like a champ and I'm really sore but happy to be in clothes that don't reveal my backside. The meds really screwed with my intestines so we have that to work out. Ah! the joys of older age! The nurses and staff were excellent and paid such wonderful attention to me. I'm really lucky.A repeat c-sec was not what I wanted but it was necessary. In the end, it's all good and we all come out ok. I ended up with severe preclempsia and needed magnesium therapy for 24 hours, which was HORRIBLE but again necessary. I hope none of you have to go through any of this when you all get your beautiful babies!

http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/...psd570ab7f.jpg

Thanks for keeping tabs on me ladies! I missed talking to you all this week!

katydae88 March 27th, 2014 03:55 PM

Aw he is adorable!!! Congratulations again :)

I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that but I am SO GLAD that you and your baby boy are doing great!!!!

ctymom March 27th, 2014 05:35 PM

Awwww... He's adorable and what a cute name!! I love it! I'm glad you are ok and everything turned out great. You had some bumps, but you have a healthy, adorable baby boy so it all turned out perfect. =) Congrats again!!

Posgo001 March 27th, 2014 05:48 PM

Leia, he's absolutely beautiful! I am so very happy for you and your family that you are all home safe and sound. Enjoy falling in love with him :)

Renee360 March 28th, 2014 06:13 AM

Leia he is a very beautiful baby!! Congratulations!!

I hope you continue to recover quickly.

I love the name Colt Jameson. Will he get a cool nickname like big brother??

Thanks for posting a picture of him.

lelila March 28th, 2014 09:41 AM

Thanks Ladies! His nickname is Monkey. We couldn't find a monster name like his big brother (Godzilla). So Godzilla and Monkey it is. Not too bad. We have a virtual zoo here anyway, so why not add a monkey to it?

Renee360 March 28th, 2014 11:21 AM

Love it!! I hope you're remembering you need to relax and not rush your recovery. Rest and Relaxation is your friend.

Believingforonemore March 28th, 2014 02:05 PM

That's right Leia, rest. I would KILL to hold him. He looks so sweet. I love the name Colt. It suits him. Sounds like you had an awful time delivering this one even with the c-section. I'm glad everything turned out well. It's very scary the things that can go wrong during deliveries.

lelila March 30th, 2014 07:45 AM

What's Rest? Haha! I hit the ground running. I really did mean to rest, but it just didn't happen. Our first day home was a marathon of phone calls, Lists and breastfeeding. Yesterday I had to bring Colt for his weigh in, which thankfully, he's gaining. But I also had to have our taxes done, which did NOT bring good news, and I had to run and get Big Brother new pants because he's growing so fast, I desperately needed things for Colt that I had not gotten before he was born so I trip to Babies r us took place.

What was supposed to be a day of rest turned into a 7 hour marathon shopping trip that DH took all three of us on so I didn't have to drive. By the time I got home I was in extreme pain, my abdomen was bruising up which really scared me and I felt like I had just had a second surgery. Bad Leia.

Today I have no choice but to rest. DH refuses to go anywhere as a matter of principle. He wants me to rest. He's actually being really good.